Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4father

Clubs do have the right to appeal lads.  The county should not have fixed the final until the appeal was seen.  Its not Aldergrove's fault.

antrimgeal1989

shambles isnt the word for it. the momentum is now with aldergrove..how can ballymena pick themselves up after preparing for a battle against portglenone to having to play the semi final. its a disgrace on the countys behalf fixing the final and even telling ballymena they are in the final. it has been a month since semi final weekend and a day before the final is to take place aldergrove are back in. hope justice prevails and the ballymena men get their final place

takeyourpoint

I wouldn't blame Aldergrove 4Father.As an All Saint I think that we have been treated poorly.However I have sympathy for both Aldergrove and Portglenone.The fact that the Final was fixed before the appeals process had been exhausted is beyond belief.
Portglenone have been sitting in the final for weeks now and are still no clearer as to whom they might play.We prepared for a Semi against Aldergrove only to be told we were in the final and now we're back in a Semi Final.Aldergrove were quite entitled to appeal and fair play to them for succeeding.
All of this on the back of the fact that the Intermediate Final is the only final from both codes not to be staged at Casement.

4father

I hear ya TYP, you're 100% correct.

As for justice prevailing though (the other poster - assuming he's an All-Saint too), the best team will win the semi final.  Aldergrove are rightfully still in the competition if they have won their appeal so there's no justice in it.  The winning team is usually the team that deserves it.

aontroim

Quote from: takeyourpoint on October 01, 2011, 11:29:00 AM
I wouldn't blame Aldergrove 4Father.As an All Saint I think that we have been treated poorly.However I have sympathy for both Aldergrove and Portglenone.The fact that the Final was fixed before the appeals process had been exhausted is beyond belief.
Portglenone have been sitting in the final for weeks now and are still no clearer as to whom they might play.We prepared for a Semi against Aldergrove only to be told we were in the final and now we're back in a Semi Final.Aldergrove were quite entitled to appeal and fair play to them for succeeding.
All of this on the back of the fact that the Intermediate Final is the only final from both codes not to be staged at Casement.

The Intermediate Final hasn't been in Casement for a few years now.  Makes much more sense to play in a SW venue if there are 2 SW teams taking part - far bigger crowd guaranteed, and close enough for any Derry neutrals to come and watch. 

Aldergrove v All Saints    Casement Park   05/10/2011 19:30    Semi-Final

ManInBlackandGreen

So Glad to hear that, took croke park to eventually stop wee joe! He keeps going he wont have to many votes in SW when he wants his campaign to take off next year, 3 cheers for Croker! God help us if he gets in >:(

Should be a good game at casement, hard to call this one but I feel the momentum is now with Aldergrove.

Minder

Andy Ward (rugger) Paul McFlynn & Gearoid Adams part of Bradleys team next season.

Does McFlynn still teach at St Louis?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on October 01, 2011, 06:16:10 PM
So Glad to hear that, took croke park to eventually stop wee joe! He keeps going he wont have to many votes in SW when he wants his campaign to take off next year, 3 cheers for Croker! God help us if he gets in >:(

What is it about Antrim and these egg-on-the-face reversals. Are the people repsonsible incompetent or malicious? And whichever it is, why do the clubs re-elect them? ???

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: bhoy1888 on September 05, 2011, 06:31:30 PM
hope moneyglass stay up they are a far better team than the table shows ;

Team Played Won Lost Drawn Points For Points Against Points Diff Points
Moneyglass  18 5 11 2 245 280 -35 12
Ahoghill       17 4 9 4 235 293 -58 12
Aghagallon  17 4 13 0 179 287 -108 8

Moneyglass on a bit of a sweat now Bhoy1888! Will you all be going up to Ahoghill on Wednesday night to cheer St Gall's on?  ;D

aontroim

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on October 02, 2011, 11:38:27 AM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on October 01, 2011, 06:16:10 PM

What is it about Antrim and these egg-on-the-face reversals. Are the people repsonsible incompetent or malicious? And whichever it is, why do the clubs re-elect them? ???

Egg-on-face for Ulster also, who upheld the decision that Aldergrove appealed.  No doubt whoever the highly paid solicitor working on behalf of Aldergrove was, managed to pull something out of his arse to persuade the DRA.

antrimgeal1989

fair play to aldergrove but the fact it took a month to sort out is unbelievable. what would of happened if the final was played before the appeal was through?

Bog Ash Camam

Sure José Parasol does it all free of charge and for the love of the game!    Like fcuk he does!

Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Square Ball

did O'Donnells win the jfc again? Was that twice in two years and if so how did they manage to win it and not move up to the ifc?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Glensman

Quote from: Square Ball on October 03, 2011, 12:21:32 PM
did O'Donnells win the jfc again? Was that twice in two years and if so how did they manage to win it and not move up to the ifc?

I think you can choose to stay down (well at least their example shows you can).

While the manger spoke very well and is a character in my humble opinion there ain't much glory winning at the same level two years in a row. You go up, seek to earn your keep at the higher level and if its not going well then come back down 2/3 years later.

It can't be used as 'experience' for the Ulster series. They'll get beat again anyway.

Glensman

Quote from: Man Marker on October 03, 2011, 01:18:15 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 01, 2011, 11:12:49 PM
Andy Ward (rugger) Paul McFlynn & Gearoid Adams part of Bradleys team next season.

Does McFlynn still teach at St Louis?

Mc Flynn, very surprised at that, no management or coaching experince at senior level, Adams a couple of senior seasons experience,  you would have to call it a very inexperienced back room team

I, for one, am pretty impressed by the appointments.

Conway was very highly rated and impressed all but it was time to spice things up.

McFlynn was a seasoned and classy county player (is a sports coach/PE teacher). I am not sure whether he's had any involvement with senior management but will relatively recently have been around many many good coaches.
I would argue Adams was also a seasoned and classy county player (as much as you can be that from Antrim!) - he was always an athlete and demanding of his players on the field.

Who would you have preferred MM?