Galway Manager Steps Down

Started by Armagh Exile, August 10, 2007, 08:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luksta

Eoin Donnellan is the meant to be one of the hot candidates due to him being a selector under forde and also cos of bringing my local club Salthill/Knocknacarra to 2005 All-Ireland Club championship win.

Brian Talty..still a dublin selector however he has expressed his views in recent years that he'd jump at the chance to manage Galway after playing for them all those years ago.

Liam Salmon..great player in his day..great coach also..i remember he used to run summer camps in Marys years ago..not sure if he still does, but i think he would make a great galway manager.

THe board have said that they intend to look inside the county for a manager before going outside..though if they were to go outside the likes of

John Maughan is staying on for another year at least with Roscommon, he announced it last night on RTE news.

other speculations are with Colm O'Rourke though i cant see it happening

Paidi O' Sea would be a good bet as weill in my opinion but once again i cant see it happening.

Forde tried his best with Galway but didnt get far...he didnt achieve much when he was with sligo either...there is alot of youth coming through and the likes of blake,armstrong and nicky joyce are players that will develop into a strong team and hopefully the experience of padraig joyce will guide young players through..the team has been under a transition period with forde trying different tactics and hopefully this will follow through with the new manager in order to be ready for the run up to next years all-ireland.

Galway have alot of skilful players coming through but they are missing the vital spark that they had in 98 and 01, only time will tell if they can regain this..but holding on to the past isnt the way forward only focusing on whats to come and developing a team with what they have..all galway fans will wait and see and hope the team can regain its strength in order to be decent contenders for next year.

Duine Eile

Quote from: myball22 on August 16, 2007, 05:17:25 PM
Keane to play in goal!!

Hey! >:( No slagging Lofty!

MaroonAndWhite

Duine Eile, I see Pateen Devane is on the committee to select new manager......there goes the Salthill fella's chance od getting it!!!!  ;D

Duine Eile

Yeah heard that alright, sure Billy's a shoo in now! :D