Previous topic - Next topic

SuperHans

Bring on the Jackeens, glad we got a glamour tie. Cant wait now

The Real Laoislad

Up Derry...
Anyone one of my northern friends wanna send me down a Derry jersey? ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Was at the Derry game last night and had a real feeling this would be the pairing.
I'm sure the media will have Dublin as favourites, but some of their fans and others will not be so confident.
There's always an upset around the quarters, Derry are better off playing the bigger sides where they go in motivated. It's not as if Dublin are light years ahead of Armagh/Mayo/Laois so think this could be a cracking game, tie of the round.
When is it?double-header?

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 29, 2007, 06:38:58 PM
Was at the Derry game last night and had a real feeling this would be the pairing.
I'm sure the media will have Dublin as favourites, but some of their fans and others will not be so confident.
There's always an upset around the quarters, Derry are better off playing the bigger sides where they go in motivated. It's not as if Dublin are light years ahead of Armagh/Mayo/Laois so think this could be a cracking game, tie of the round.
When is it?double-header?
im sure its a stand alone game on sat 11 aug. dont know what time

Bogball XV

I think Saturday week - on its own - sure no stadium in the land could cope with both the Derry and Dub bandwagons and the Kerrya and Monaghan fans to boot!!  Not an easy game, but I'd say Derry will be happy with it, the only problem is it leaves us on the tough side of the draw, win this and we play Kerry/monaghan, then possibly Tyrone/Meath/Cork in the final - still if we won Sam, it'd have been some roll of victims behind us - Armagh, Mayo, Laois, Dublin, Kerry, Tyrone - that's probably why we won't.
Dubs are very beatable - they've some good forwards, but we've got good backs - midfield could go either way, our full forward line probably have the beating of their full backs, we might be needing skinner for this one all the same lads?
Laoislad, don't be so tight, go on off to the O'Neills shop out round the Long Mile and buy yersell a shirt - sure you've plenty of time on your hands nowadays, driving round in your van pretending to be working, yet all the time looking up Debbie McGee websites using your vodafone mobile access card....
DubsForSam - what way you going to cheer for this one?  What is your Derry connection anyway, I mind you telling us last year, but I cannae mind anymore.
At least us Derry wans won't have much bother getting our tickets for this one.

Orior

Where on earth will the two bus load of Derry hi supporters fit in Croke Park?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Canalman

Great to hear Tohill saying it was a "great" draw for L/Derry initially. He then tried to backtrack with some Béalbochting later on. I hope his attitude and cockiness is shared by his countymen as it would suit Dublin no end to be disparaged and mocked no end by them prior to the game.Early psychological boost for Dubs.

Apologies to the true Derry people  for the use of the L/ing of the county name  of Doire Colmcille but the use of the term "Jackeen" in initial post needed a retort.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Canalman on July 29, 2007, 07:10:08 PM
Great to hear Tohill saying it was a "great" draw for L/Derry initially. He then tried to backtrack with some Béalbochting later on. I hope his attitude and cockiness is shared by his countymen as it would suit Dublin no end to be disparaged and mocked no end by them prior to the game.Early psychological boost for Dubs.

Apologies to the true Derry people  for the use of the L/ing of the county name  of Doire Colmcille but the use of the term "Jackeen" in initial post needed a retort.

Ach now, I didn't think the cheekydubs were hyper sensitive, sure isn't jackeen a term of endearment.  At least that's what I call the wife all the time - hmm, maybe that why I'm getting none?

bailestil

Quote from: Canalman on July 29, 2007, 07:10:08 PM

We may go home now big Anthony said that. The Dubs will be far too fired up for us to compete ;)

Overall, great draw, wanted the big game in croker. Derry's Full-Back line at the minute is flying and will contain anyone.
I think not to upset things in the Full-Back line playing Kevin McGuckin at Half Back, or maybe moving Mick McGoldrick out there. Hinphey struggled yday.

Is Diver nearly fit, i would have him straight in for Conway. Conway has done well, but Diver would be well up for a game like this.

Can't wait now all the same.

As for Skinner, Bogball, i dunno, surely if he hasn't played in 2 months its gonna be tough to get match fit.

Bogball XV

Quote from: bailestil on July 29, 2007, 07:18:11 PMAs for Skinner, Bogball, i dunno, surely if he hasn't played in 2 months its gonna be tough to get match fit.
Aye, but sure it's only the Dubs we're playing, it'd be good to give him a run out before the Kerry/monaghan game don't you think?
No, seriously, I wouldn't start him, but I can definitely see a situation where he might have a role to play.

balladmaker

I predict that Derry will humilate the Dubs in Croker.  Bradley and Muldoon to run riot.

mc_grens

I'm going to stick with my now traditional pessimism on this one, its served me well all summer. Usually as soon as I start to get excited Derry stick the knife in my chest.

Back me up here Lynchbhoy.

I cant f**king wait though.

Rossfan

Quote from: gwan-ye-boy-ya on July 29, 2007, 06:52:01 PM
im sure its a stand alone game on sat 11 aug. dont know what time

No its not. Derry/Dublin will be the extra to the Nicky Rackard Cup Final between those two powerhouses of the Hurling game Ros and Armagh.
At least with Derry's small support we'll have more tickets for the NR Final ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ExiledGael

What's the situation with tickets??
When will any be released on ticketmaster?
Presume it will be a 2pm and 4pm set of games, surely the guards wouldn't let those Dubs drink all day before stumbling to a match at 7pm