TG4 GAA coverage V RTE GAA coverage

Started by LegalEagle, July 23, 2007, 06:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegalEagle

any views on who provides better coverage of Gaelic Games?

In my opinion TG4 has better presenters like Grainne McElwain and Michael O Domhnaill

Rossfan

RTE only do the cream of the crop(Championship) leaving coverage of other games toTG4 whose coverage is indeed much better.
RTE's commentary and "analysis" is so cliched that I usually turn down the sound and listen to Radio commentary if M O M is doing it (NOT Carthy).
If McStay is picked to do another Dublin game I'll break the bloody TV. A routine block down by a Dublin defender 5 mins into the second half is breathlessly and excitedly described as "the match winning block" and so on wetting himself every time a Dub player does anything.
The night time Sunday game is tired as well with little real analysis, too much oul blather with skimpy highlights - usually just scores so you get no picture of what the game might have been like.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

I dunno whos cornflakes Darragh Maloney pissed on in the RTE canteen, but he hasn't been given a game in ages. It's the usual Marty and Ger show today. Chewing gum for the ears.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Owenmoresider

I think Darragh is probably going to be more involved with the soccer coverage, now that the Premiership is back he's taken over as host of the highlights show now. Maybe that may have something to do with it.

Ger's bad enough but I find Marty more irritating, not least his desire to be the patron saint of 'weaker' counties.

inisceithleann

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 12, 2007, 04:10:50 PM
I think Darragh is probably going to be more involved with the soccer coverage, now that the Premiership is back he's taken over as host of the highlights show now. Maybe that may have something to do with it.

Ger's bad enough but I find Marty more irritating, not least his desire to be the patron saint of 'weaker' counties.

Have to agree, some of comments his that I vividly remember are,'"These Monaghan boys know how to play football" and in 2004, "They love their football in Fermanagh". Could he be any more patronising?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Tankie

TG4 coverage would be alot better if i could understand the commentary!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Balboa

Who is the ugliest reporter on TV Austin O'Callaghan from BBC or the wee martian Marty?

Frank Casey

Quote from: Balboa on August 12, 2007, 10:29:15 PM
Who is the ugliest reporter on TV Austin O'Callaghan from BBC or the wee martian Marty?

It has to be Podge & Rodge cousin Marty
KERRY 3:7

Jinxy

Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2007, 10:27:34 PM

Learn your native language then you cheeky so and so! :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tankie

Quote from: Jinxy on August 12, 2007, 11:21:56 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2007, 10:27:34 PM

Learn your native language then you cheeky so and so! :D

I think i will go and do that so i can listen to the comentary and then talk to myself in irish! ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!