Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

T Fearon

There is no walls between anyone only the cannon fodder on both sides who have been used politically.

The Iceman

There are few people on here on the other side of the argument who post things of substance. I respect those who have done their research, thought for themselves and come to their own conclusions. I have no respect for the people who poke fun with mindless arguments and speak tastelessly of religion because they don't get it....
Bishop Robert Barron was invited to Facebook headquarters recently to give a talk - his subject was "having a religious argument". It would be worth your time to watch and see/hear what he has to say.
https://www.wordonfire.org/resources/lecture/how-to-have-a-religious-argument-facebook-hq/5593/
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

punt kick

Quote from: The Iceman on September 22, 2017, 02:37:07 PM
There are few people on here on the other side of the argument who post things of substance. I respect those who have done their research, thought for themselves and come to their own conclusions. I have no respect for the people who poke fun with mindless arguments and speak tastelessly of religion because they don't get it....
Bishop Robert Barron was invited to Facebook headquarters recently to give a talk - his subject was "having a religious argument". It would be worth your time to watch and see/hear what he has to say.
https://www.wordonfire.org/resources/lecture/how-to-have-a-religious-argument-facebook-hq/5593/

Unfortunately being born a catholic - too much of my valuable time was wasted on Religious matters - I am not going to waste anymore reading about it.  It is all a load of shite!  The earth is about 4.5 billion years old but the Bible says it is about 6000 created in a week - what a load of bollocks.

The Iceman

Quote from: punt kick on September 22, 2017, 03:24:31 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 22, 2017, 02:37:07 PM
he talks about exactly that in the video...
Unfortunately being born a catholic - too much of my valuable time was wasted on Religious matters - I am not going to waste anymore reading about it.  It is all a load of shite!  The earth is about 4.5 billion years old but the Bible says it is about 6000 created in a week - what a load of bollocks.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

T Fearon

Stupid Punt,believes everything scientists (who are mostly atheist)say.I prefer the heartwarming stories like the one in the paper yesterday,about an ordinary man from Omagh,in his eighties,who has been bringing people to Lourdes for 40 years,and was awarded a medal from the Mayor of Lourdes (an award usually reserved for ambassadors).The man told of the numerous miracles he'd witnessed,many people for whom the Doctors (scientists) had no hope,were miraculously cured.

Rossfan

"A load of shite"
"A load if bollocks"
2 very scientific rational arguments :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

playwiththewind1st

Still intellectually superior to the constant drivel that the apologists for the Rome paedo brigade come out with.

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2017, 10:48:49 AM
Stupid Punt,believes everything scientists (who are mostly atheist)say.I prefer the heartwarming stories like the one in the paper yesterday,about an ordinary man from Omagh,in his eighties,who has been bringing people to Lourdes for 40 years,and was awarded a medal from the Mayor of Lourdes (an award usually reserved for ambassadors).The man told of the numerous miracles he'd witnessed,many people for whom the Doctors (scientists) had no hope,were miraculously cured.

I doubt he witnessed any miracles of Church Hierarchy reporting their priests raping small children.

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2017, 10:48:49 AM

As opposed to intellectual Tony who believes everything in a book written thousands of years ago,  about a man none of the authors met or knew.

punt kick

Quote from: Rossfan on September 23, 2017, 11:28:21 AM
"A load of shite"
"A load if bollocks"
2 very scientific rational arguments :D

As rational as believing in God!

T Fearon

Faith in God is not rational,because it cannot be proved.If science is so wonderful why hasn't it solved all the world's problems?

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2017, 10:10:15 PM
Faith in God is not rational,because it cannot be proved.If science is so wonderful why hasn't it solved all the world's problems?

Too many fuckwits believing in God and killing all round them because of some kibbler they don't know exists!

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on September 23, 2017, 10:10:15 PM

9 hours for that reply - I doubt you believe in anything but your own self importance, maybe a portydown thing.