All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

Well ,this was the match up expected earlier on in the year but Mayo's route to it was not Looking forward to an epic clash with Mayo's main concern being how to handle Donaghy

Bart McQueen

Kerry should win this handy. Mayo always should shoot their load when play us. Havent beating us in 21 years.Plus Donaghy/Geaney will cause havoc under high ball

PW Nally

Quote from: Bart McQueen on August 08, 2017, 11:52:43 AM
Kerry should win this handy. Mayo always should shoot their load when play us. Havent beating us in 21 years.Plus Donaghy/Geaney will cause havoc under high ball
Who do you rather for the final Bart?

Syferus

Quote from: PW Nally on August 08, 2017, 11:55:45 AM
Who do you rather for the final Bart?

County WUM didn't make it past the first round of the Quailifers, PW.

From the Bunker

You are dead right! Kerry will win this handy! Mayo always shoot their load when they play Kerry! Any other insightful thoughts? I'd give a dig back if I thought you were from Kerry! I'll leave it to the Hollymount  ;) lad Mayoaremagic to do that!

Hound

Not easy to pick who'll lose out assuming Keegan is good to go.

Nally had a lovely cameo when he came on, although game was well done at that stage of course.

Il Bomber Destro

I give Mayo every shot in this. If they can handle Donaghy it will have a big say in it.

yellowcard

Prior to yesterdays display I would have given Mayo little chance in this fixture but that display yesterday was the most impressive by Mayo in a few years. It could well be the last hurrah for a lot of this side in terms of winning an All Ireland and I hope that they don't just turn up to have their tummies tickled again by Kerry in a big game. I'd still fancy Kerry to win it but as is often the case with Mayo, you just know that there will be some drama involved along the way.

Hound

Quote from: yellowcard on August 08, 2017, 01:26:13 PM
I hope that they don't just turn up to have their tummies tickled again by Kerry in a big game.
Maybe you're just winding up the Mayo lads, but the tummy ticklers are from a previous age!

Tubberman

Quote from: Hound on August 08, 2017, 03:24:33 PM
I hope that they don't just turn up to have their tummies tickled again by Kerry in a big game.
Maybe you're just winding up the Mayo lads, but the tummy ticklers are from a previous age!

People just use the lazy sterotypical clichés that have been around for years e.g. Mayo are bottlers, Galway are a Croke Park team etc.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Ballaghman

Quote from: Tubberman on August 08, 2017, 03:31:02 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 08, 2017, 03:24:33 PM

People just use the lazy sterotypical clichés that have been around for years e.g. Mayo are bottlers, Galway are a Croke Park team etc.
Throw in the old classics 'Meath are never beaten ' and 'Kerry are the purest, least cynical team' and you've got a full house!

ballinaman

AZOffaly

macdanger2

Who does Keegan come in for? Hard to drop Vaughan after yesterday. Will be interesting to see if he plays MF or at wing back

larryin89

Really enjoyed our performance yesterday. But we all know thats our lot and so be it , been a fantastic journey , just hope its not a thrashing .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .