Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: illdecide on July 21, 2017, 10:23:48 AM
The GAA are a joke in their rules, is there anything that actually sticks. This is not having a go at Feely or any Kildare player just over the years the amount of players who have got off with their suspensions or bans is a joke. In fact any player who actually takes their ban is silly as it will almost certainly be over turned...Why is this?

Look at the soccer...try getting a suspension over turned by UEFA for example, not a chance. There is not even a process for an appeal, so why can the GAA be simply make a moclery of their rules. Surely the Refs are thinking what's the point?

I wonder why KmcG didn't appeal his touch line ban earlier?

They hired Mickey Harte as a consultant and he threatened to sue, the gaa shat themselves collectively and caved, that's how it works.

Disgraceful decision but true to form for the GAA, I expect nothing less and to be honest, it hardly matters, it means than instead of being beaten by 7-10 points, we get beaten by 12, no big deal just another bending over by the GAA brass.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 21, 2017, 06:25:06 AM
Feeley's black card against Clare in the League has been rescinded he's record has been amended. That's a big plus for Kildare.

Simplifies the team selection anyway. Paul Cribbin for Doyle with Conway moving to the backs. Everyone else as you were.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 21, 2017, 12:09:27 PM
Feeley's black card against Clare in the League has been rescinded he's record has been amended. That's a big plus for Kildare.

Simplifies the team selection anyway. Paul Cribbin for Doyle with Conway moving to the backs. Everyone else as you were.

Any word on Neil Flynn DH? Kildare camp is tighter than John Costello with GAA money.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 21, 2017, 12:12:30 PM

Any word on Neil Flynn DH? Kildare camp is tighter than John Costello with GAA money.

Hamstring trouble. Lack of football will probably cost him at this stage of the year.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 21, 2017, 12:20:50 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 21, 2017, 12:12:30 PM

Hamstring trouble. Lack of football will probably cost him at this stage of the year.

Pity hopefully it won't impact his development as I believe he has a lot to offer, McCormack as well.
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

I know many didn´t fire against the Dubs, but Ben McCormack is another man who might be pushing to get back in.
Paul Cribbin will definitely come in now with Conway at 6. That leaves one big move for Conway and Cribbin goes to where he started the campaign.
I was at the Clare match and remember him getting the black along the stand side I think? I think there were cameras at that too so there must have been some video evidence. Either way massive boost.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 21, 2017, 03:53:15 PM
I know many didn´t fire against the Dubs, but Ben McCormack is another man who might be pushing to get back in.
Paul Cribbin will definitely come in now with Conway at 6. That leaves one big move for Conway and Cribbin goes to where he started the campaign.
I was at the Clare match and remember him getting the black along the stand side I think? I think there were cameras at that too so there must have been some video evidence. Either way massive boost.

Yeah we picked up two in the space of a minute. Slattery was black carded in the play before Feely went.

Captain Scarlet

No matter how it happened, it's huge for Kildare. He is such a focal point for Kildare now in terms of pulling the strings and the obvious high fielding. Armagh now need to stop him and in turn hopefully that will give others a chance to shine.
Also it settles concerns over free kicks.

Armagh folk!
A - What will Jamie Clarke do the next day? Kildare don't exactly do smothering defence, so will he go back closer to goals, or will he float around spraying ball around...
I know he is in opposition next day but he is a joy to watch.

B - How will midfield pan out with Feely back?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Main Street

Such overconfidence from Kildare fans, it's spilling over onto this thread since ye paid up for Feely's bail. You guys are chomping at the bit.

seafoid

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 21, 2017, 04:13:12 PM

Yeah we picked up two in the space of a minute. Slattery was black carded in the play before Feely went.
Was he black carded or blackguarded ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Yous must be very rough. I fear for Armagh against such ruffians.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2017, 06:35:26 PM

Yous must be very rough. I fear for Armagh against such ruffians.

Your boy Hughes was referee that day. He obviously had a premonition that Armagh would face Kildare this summer and tried to get as many of our players into disciplinary trouble as possible. That's just typical of the northern win at all costs mentality.

armaghniac

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 21, 2017, 06:55:42 PM
Your boy Hughes was referee that day. He obviously had a premonition that Armagh would face Kildare this summer and tried to get as many of our players into disciplinary trouble as possible.

I'm sure identifying disciplinary lapses by Kildare was one of the easier tasks he has undertaken.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2017, 07:08:35 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 21, 2017, 06:55:42 PM
Your boy Hughes was referee that day. He obviously had a premonition that Armagh would face Kildare this summer and tried to get as many of our players into disciplinary trouble as possible.

I'm sure identifying disciplinary lapses by Kildare was one of the easier tasks he has undertaken.

To be fair the discipline of the Kildare players this season has been in general excellent. There is very little handbags in our games, no abusing or soving of officials and no brainless sending offs. Keith Cribben did catch a Meath man with an elbow but that is fair enough considering he lives in JTB.
Hopefully McQuillan is refereeing (never thought I'd say that).

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians