Saturday July 22 Cork v Mayo, Gaelic Grounds, 5PM

Started by Lar Naparka, July 10, 2017, 03:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 21, 2017, 09:54:46 PM
I have tickets for this.  Looking forward to heading into the Ennis Road to look at one of the top teams in the country. And Mayo.😀

Weak enough geography there AZ, if you wanted to see us play a top team, you should have come to the Derry game

AZOffaly

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 21, 2017, 10:05:43 PM
I have tickets for this.  Looking forward to heading into the Ennis Road to look at one of the top teams in the country. And Mayo.😀

Good man AZ, I suppose it as important as ever these days to have a sense of humour being from Offaly!! ;D

You can sing that!

Farrandeelin

Happy enough with that Mayo team. If they play from the start then a win is likely. However our form to date this year doesn't suggest that it will happen. Might eke out a 1 point win. Then again Cork will be hurting badly and will want to put in a performance too to shut their ridiculers up. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a run at us and won either. If Mayo do win, they will probably lose the quarter final, or semi if they get that far. Up Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 21, 2017, 10:15:20 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on July 21, 2017, 10:05:43 PM

Good man AZ, I suppose it as important as ever these days to have a sense of humour being from Offaly!! ;D

You can sing that!

Munster are on the rise again though and Klop has made the pool exciting to watch again so it's not all doom and gloom AZ and of course nobody can erase this, https://youtu.be/Wxgju-2xbfQ !! :D

Zulu

Heading to this myself and expect Mayo to win. Don't know what the situation is in Cork but they aren't as bad as their performances indicate so Mayo need to deliver a performance. However, if they do they might win handy because if Cork fall 3 or 4 behind in the second half they might be happy for the season to be over and just pack their tents. If Mayo give them a lifeline Cork have enough quality to cause a surprise. Hope Mayo win as they have the heart for the battles ahead, don't think Cork have.

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 21, 2017, 10:19:09 PM
Happy enough with that Mayo team. If they play from the start then a win is likely. However our form to date this year doesn't suggest that it will happen. Might eke out a 1 point win. Then again Cork will be hurting badly and will want to put in a performance too to shut their ridiculers up. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a run at us and won either. If Mayo do win, they will probably lose the quarter final, or semi if they get that far. Up Mayo.

Or final if they get that far
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Thanks for the usual optimism Farr! I hope you are not involved in Career guidance in the School you work in! :P

Maroon Manc

This era started with a win over Cork for Mayo, will it finish with a defeat to the same side....I extremely doubt it.

larryin89

on my way now and my optimism usually starts to up now but not today im afraid . Will of course roar them on but my head is saying a Cork victory .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Lar Naparka

Good man Farr, I was beginning to panic as I was afraid that you'd post something positive about Mayo's chances. True to form, you haven't and that's some relief. :D

BTW, What's the story about tickets at the ground. I have a few friends who will be on the next train to Limerick if they thought they could get tickets.
Tickets.ie have none on offer so picking up a few outside the gates is their only hope.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Il Bomber Destro

I was writing Mayo off earlier on this year but I think the 2nd half against Clare was very impressive. Today will tell a lot about where they're at but I think they've turned a corner and should pick up a routine win today.

Mayo by 6/7.

Cork continually get hyped up but the reality is Cork are very ordinary.

PW Nally

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 22, 2017, 10:17:11 AM
Good man Farr, I was beginning to panic as I was afraid that you'd post something positive about Mayo's chances. True to form, you haven't and that's some relief. :D

BTW, What's the story about tickets at the ground. I have a few friends who will be on the next train to Limerick if they thought they could get tickets.
Tickets.ie have none on offer so picking up a few outside the gates is their only hope.
50,000 sellout. Terrace tickets going for €11,000.

Rossfan

I'd say ye'll have plenty if room as Cork will only have the usual 3 bucks - Cyril with the sonbrero , the lad with the drum and another buck with a knitted cap.
I presume most of their Co Board will be soaking up the complements in the new Super Stadium by the Lee.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2017, 01:14:28 PM
I'd say ye'll have plenty if room as Cork will only have the usual 3 bucks - Cyril with the sonbrero , the lad with the drum and another buck with a knitted cap.
I presume most of their Co Board will be soaking up the complements in the new Super Stadium by the Lee.

Who has actually complimented it?

Blowitupref

Jason Doherty replacing Conor Loftus the one change to the Mayo team. Cork have changed their keeper.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose