Leinster U-17 Football Championship

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, June 27, 2017, 01:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Looking forward to the Longford game. Great to give support to up and coming young lads in the county. These lads are the ones we really need to nurture on now. I like the management set up with Dempsey too. Talks a lot of sense. Sure to be a bigger challenge compared to Louth match but will be interesting to see the new prospects play a competitive game.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2017, 06:47:44 PM
Looking forward to the Longford game. Great to give support to up and coming young lads in the county. These lads are the ones we really need to nurture on now. I like the management set up with Dempsey too. Talks a lot of sense. Sure to be a bigger challenge compared to Louth match but will be interesting to see the new prospects play a competitive game.

What's the management team?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

The PRO

Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 10, 2017, 11:17:57 PM

Same as minors I thought. Who Dempsey is I dont know.

justinn

Keyser Söze

Quote from: The PRO on July 11, 2017, 07:59:49 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 10, 2017, 11:17:57 PM

Same as minors I thought. Who Dempsey is I dont know.

That's what I thought, and that's why I was wondering!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great win, missed this one but they seem like a very good team. The Semi-final will tell us just how good they are, it's on next Tuesday evening..

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/12/laois-u-17-footballers-ease-leinster-semi-final/

Tonight's 1/4 Finals Results:

Kildare         6-15
Wexford       1-8

Dublin          2-16
Westmeath   1-10

Meath          2-19
Carlow         0-4

Laois           2-15
Longford      0-10   
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

on the hop

Wasn't many at it, but a good solid team with a bit of size. Totally dominant before the sendings off made a mess of the game. Standouts are o Flynn fullback, Saunders centre back, Coffey  and mcauley in the forwards. Will have to get a bit more out of the two big midfielders they wouldn't be the most mobile

redsetanta

Drawn against Dublin in the semi final. Game in O'Moore Park next Tuesday evening.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Clubber Lang

Those results highlight again the gulf between Dublin and Kildare with the rest of Leinster at underage. This Laois team shouldn't lack confidence after impressive wins over Louth and Longford.

redsetanta

In the last round Carlow ran Kildare to 5 points and Meath beat the Dubs so it's on the day. It would be a great boost for football in the county if we could get the win.

redsetanta

Under 17s this evening in Portlaoise. Free admission and a grand dry evening. No excuse not to bring kids etc and give them a bit of support. Big test against the Dubs!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Hopefully a big crowd will attend tonight and give these guys something to aim for ..

Unison

Decent crowd in OMP tonight. Goes to show that Laois GAA people are crying out for a little bit of success, and given it, like all other counties, will follow their teams.