Maigh Eo v Doire

Started by Tubberman, June 19, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

Mayo can't be worse than this in the next round so that's a good base from which to improve on?? They'll find a way to pull through in the end .

armaghniac

I only turned this in late in the game and it is all happening!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Derry had any midfield at all! Ie p cassidy and e bradley they won that game

Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 01, 2017, 06:33:10 PM
Derry had any midfield at all! Ie p cassidy and e bradley they won that game
Lost a good midfielder to a soft black card in fairness.

Captain Obvious

Derry the better team in the 1st half and Mayo the better team in the 2nd half. A draw after normal time a fair result i feel.

ONeill

Don't think Deegan fancied extra time
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

I'd say Mayo will win the ET though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GalwayBayBoy

Derry had lost their shape a bit towards the end. Can only see one winner here.

Syferus

Is it bad diesel of is it the end? It's hard to ignore the bell tolling for this Mayo team.

twohands!!!

Mayo had 43 different attempts at scores and converted 13.

From deadballs they converted 7 from 11.

From play they were 6 from 31, with Loftus being 2 for 2.  :o :o :o :o :o

screenexile

Fair play to Derry a gutsy performance to put a bit of pride back in the jersey... Mayo are f**king horrible though in fairness!!!

heffo

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2017, 06:40:52 PM
Is it bad diesel of is it the end?

They must've had a spare tank out the back

dublin7

Derry players look out on their feet. ET is the last thing an aging Mayo need with all the games they will have to play each weekend to get to qtr final. Mayo should go on to win from here

It says it all that Mayo needed Patrick Durcan to come up from HB to kick a point and settle the team down. He did right thing going own his own. I wouldn't trust those Mayo forwards to kick a point at that stage either

Zulu

Don't know if I'd fancy Mayo too strongly. Derry with the finishing line in sight probably retreated into themselves a bit but I didn't think they looked out on their feet or anything and Mayo have too many lads who are no scoring threat at all. Mayo are the better team overall so you'd still have to go with them but they might need another goal to get there.