Kilkenny

Started by seafoid, May 04, 2016, 04:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 12, 2017, 12:19:53 PM
That passage of hurling that went on for about six minutes will be a good memory for many who had the privilege to be in Semple last night.

I was listening to the commentary on the radio!! Those lads aren't biased at all!!! He was going on about the Tipp crowd not shouting Tipp Tipp Tipp!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bud Wiser

I was watching it on Eir and after the first 10 minutes I was going to ring Jackie Tyrell and ask him if he were around Semple would he drop in for an hour.  All came right in the end, great game.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 14, 2017, 12:20:15 PM
I was watching it on Eir and after the first 10 minutes I was going to ring Jackie Tyrell and ask him if he were around Semple would he drop in for an hour.  All came right in the end, great game.

He was talking a lot of sense the other night, must be frustratingly annoying to sit and watch those games for the likes of him and Henry, and the rest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ball Hopper

Watched the Tipp/KK league game last night...cracking stuff.  The ref played a good role in letting them at it - play with intensity but without malice.

League hurling is reaping the rewards of improved playing surfaces...or is the weather that good this past while?

johnneycool

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 16, 2017, 03:30:43 PM
Watched the Tipp/KK league game last night...cracking stuff.  The ref played a good role in letting them at it - play with intensity but without malice.

League hurling is reaping the rewards of improved playing surfaces...or is the weather that good this past while?

League hurling is reaping the rewards of intense league structures where every game matters and yet the dickheads want to go and change it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on March 16, 2017, 03:56:05 PM

League hurling is reaping the rewards of intense league structures where every game matters and yet the d**kheads want to go and change it.

Is there a proposal to change the league???? Jaysus this was one of the great success stories I thought?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 16, 2017, 04:10:48 PM

League hurling is reaping the rewards of intense league structures where every game matters and yet the d**kheads want to go and change it.

Is there a proposal to change the league???? Jaysus this was one of the great success stories I thought?
Limerick are never happy with the league format

Ball Hopper

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 16, 2017, 05:13:53 PM

Only 5 hurling league games makes every game important...and proper order.  The football wisdom is that Cavan and Roscommon were doomed from the beginning and it looks that way, add in the fact they meet each other in Rd 7 will give us the ultimate dead-rubber if results go against both between here and then.

Hard to say who will be in the relegation playoff from the hurling, even after 4 games, although Dublin look to be worst off. The loser of Clare/Waterford would seem to be most likely to playoff with Dublin at this stage.  Of course, if Dublin manage to beat KK in Parnell Park, everything will change drastically.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 16, 2017, 05:37:10 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 16, 2017, 05:13:53 PM

Only 5 hurling league games makes every game important...and proper order.  The football wisdom is that Cavan and Roscommon were doomed from the beginning and it looks that way, add in the fact they meet each other in Rd 7 will give us the ultimate dead-rubber if results go against both between here and then.

Hard to say who will be in the relegation playoff from the hurling, even after 4 games, although Dublin look to be worst off. The loser of Clare/Waterford would seem to be most likely to playoff with Dublin at this stage.  Of course, if Dublin manage to beat KK in Parnell Park, everything will change drastically.
Five divisions in football would certainly make things interesting
the knockout part of the hurling league gives teams a few extra games
Wexford will probably end up vs Kilkenny, who i'd say they were hoping to avoid

Kilkevan

Interesting look back on players from last 50 years of Kilkenny hurling: http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/gaelic-games/253010/dj-crowned-top-cat.html

Got to say, for me, they got number one wrong, should've gone to the King.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 03, 2017, 11:20:03 AM
Interesting look back on players from last 50 years of Kilkenny hurling: http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/gaelic-games/253010/dj-crowned-top-cat.html

was at a coaching thing recently with DJ
he can still move better than most club players

Kilkevan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 03, 2017, 01:15:28 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on June 03, 2017, 11:20:03 AM

was at a coaching thing recently with DJ
he can still move better than most club players

Anyone as special as he was will always have that. Even Charlie Carter scored 1-5 in a Junior A match the other night, and hr would be categorised as good rather than great. Doesn't change my opinion on Henry though.

manfromdelmonte

Colon Fennelly is allowed take as many steps as he wants, apparently

AZOffaly

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 10, 2017, 08:18:26 PM
Colon Fennelly is allowed take as many steps as he wants, apparently

In fairness, every time he gets it they are throwing a saddle on him.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU