Cavan v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, March 01, 2016, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

A turgid shite fest on the cards?

general_lee

Quote from: bennydorano on March 01, 2016, 09:43:27 AM
If we are lucky. Is Dyas ready to come back into the fold?

mackers

Yes.
Given Cavan's attitude to the McKenna Cup game earlier this year and the fact that we have a couple of eejits on our team there will be a guaranteed boxing match.  Not a chance of 30 men finishing the game.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

smelmoth

Probably but not necessarily

It seems Cavan have no interest in playing football but are tough to beat. Armagh are trying to play a bit of football but don't really know how to go about it and can be a bit flakey.

An Armagh collapse could happen and maybe Cavan would open up then. The run of second half scores shows they can put a team away when they are mentally beaten.

Then again Armagh could click. One or two players back and fixing some basics and this team can fire. Not world beaters by any means but good enough to put Cavan away. If they fire that is

mrdeeds

Yeah Cavan no interest in playing football. Only scored 1 20 on Sunday. 

smelmoth

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 01, 2016, 09:31:45 PM

Good stuff. I had thought that Meath packed up early and went home to mourn the Fine Gael losses. Maybe I'm wrong and you are right. Maybe Cavan are done and dusted with the packed defenses, endless fist passing and side way movement. Sure we will see. I hope you are right. For 2 reasons. 1) Armagh have no clue of how top play against a packed defence and 2) Cavan have just been awful to watch under Hyland and if their game (and the copy cat teams) has moved on then all the better. Lets hope we never see that rubbish again

seafoid

stew

We can get a result here if Findon is not within ten mile of the pitch, he really is dreadful and we need to at least break even in MF to even think of getting a result.

Dyas coming back will help and I would like to see Vernon playing a bit further forward, he was excellent against Fermanagh last weekend.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JP

Quote from: stew on March 02, 2016, 09:56:18 AM

We can get a result here if Findon is not within ten mile of the pitch, he really is dreadful and we need to at least break even in MF to even think of getting a result.

Dyas coming back will help and I would like to see Vernon playing a bit further forward, he was excellent against Fermanagh last weekend.

Will Dyas definitely be back? What's the situation with Harold?

bennydorano

Harold has taken a year out. Dunno about Dyas but a man with so many recurring injuries shouldn't be the focus of our team going foward imo, but with Miceal McKenna in there he probably isn't to be fair.

general_lee

Quote from: bennydorano on March 02, 2016, 11:43:14 AM
Harold has taken a year out. Dunno about Dyas but a man with so many recurring injuries shouldn't be the focus of our team going foward imo, but with Miceal McKenna in there he probably isn't to be fair.
To be fair to Dyas he isn't the only chocolate man on that panel

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on March 01, 2016, 09:42:43 PM

Good stuff. I had thought that Meath packed up early and went home to mourn the Fine Gael losses. Maybe I'm wrong and you are right. Maybe Cavan are done and dusted with the packed defenses, endless fist passing and side way movement. Sure we will see. I hope you are right. For 2 reasons. 1) Armagh have no clue of how top play against a packed defence and 2) Cavan have just been awful to watch under Hyland and if their game (and the copy cat teams) has moved on then all the better. Lets hope we never see that rubbish again

Yawn yawn yawn.

Throw ball

Quote from: Itchy on March 02, 2016, 04:57:42 PM

Yawn yawn yawn.

Personally not convinced about the way Cavan have played the last couple of years. On saying that I feel Armagh need the win more than Cavan this week as I feel Cavan will pick up enough points in the rest of the league.

smelmoth

Yawn yawn yawn.

A normal reaction to watching Cavan.

We are not much better at times - especially last year

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on March 02, 2016, 09:12:16 PM

Yawn yawn yawn.

A normal reaction to watching Cavan.

We are not much better at times - especially last year

So how much thuggish behaviour can we expect from Armagh on Saturday, s normal amount or will ye go into over drive.  This game will need a strong referee.