Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Town Gael

If the stand in Pairc Esler holds over 4000 why are clubs only getting 6 tickets each for the Armagh game? Down have very few season ticket holders. Where are the other 3000 tickets going?

thewobbler

Quote from: Town Gael on May 14, 2017, 05:00:39 PM
If the stand in Pairc Esler holds over 4000 why are clubs only getting 6 tickets each for the Armagh game? Down have very few season ticket holders. Where are the other 3000 tickets going?

Apparently season ticket holders have first dibs on the stand. Proper order.

rosskarr

Quote from: thewobbler on May 15, 2017, 08:47:59 AM
Quote from: Town Gael on May 14, 2017, 05:00:39 PM

Apparently season ticket holders have first dibs on the stand. Proper order.
plus county board,club reps,county sponsors,club Down,supporters club,coaches,family members of county players and the same for Armagh.

elk

Quote from: upandwin on May 13, 2017, 05:57:53 PM
Comprehensive win is right 5 Sams. Thought we looked like the team that lost a man after Havern's sending off. Very difficult place to go and win, back to the drawing board for us. Looks like a year when everyone can beat anyone on their night. Great win for An riocht. Who are the early fancies for relegation? Hard to call between the town and clonduff at the top too...
I have watched a few of the so called weaker teams this year and in my opinion CPN. They just about survived last year and already it is shaping up like they are going to be in the thick of a relegation battle again. Much needed win for the Harps.

wobbller

Not much on tonight around the County

Town Gael

Judging by the performance I saw Glen put in against a much depleted Castlewellan team I woulf be very surprised if they stayed up. They were extremely poor

quote author=elk link=topic=25.msg1695337#msg1695337 date=1494852403]
Quote from: upandwin on May 13, 2017, 05:57:53 PM
Comprehensive win is right 5 Sams. Thought we looked like the team that lost a man after Havern's sending off. Very difficult place to go and win, back to the drawing board for us. Looks like a year when everyone can beat anyone on their night. Great win for An riocht. Who are the early fancies for relegation? Hard to call between the town and clonduff at the top too...
I have watched a few of the so called weaker teams this year and in my opinion CPN. They just about survived last year and already it is shaping up like they are going to be in the thick of a relegation battle again. Much needed win for the Harps.
[/quote]

SamFever

Looking forward to tonight's Dog Racing at Dundalk.Haven't been to racing for about 10 years when I went to Shelbourne.Races are over in a flash.

snoopdog

Is mr Poacher still involved in the Carlow set up ?

ardtole

He must be, the Carlow manager praised his efforts on the sunday game last night.

Down4sam2020

I feel that this Armagh team we face rather soon are overrated. We showed that we can perform when needed - against Cork so hopefully we can do it against our neighbours who failed to get promoted form div 3. I've one worry though and that is what Will we do saying it is likely james Morgan will be picking  up Jerome? Back  in 2015 Ulster club championship Morgan did a solid job on him. Have we other forwards who  can step up to the mark ?

Targetman

We should have the forwards to trouble that third division defence, and when forker gets his customary red card we'll punish them!!

general_lee

OgraAnDun

Quote from: general_lee on May 22, 2017, 11:39:16 PM
What forwards?

If your defence mimicks the parting of the Red Sea again, we won't need many!

Targetman

Quote from: general_lee on May 22, 2017, 11:39:16 PM
What forwards?
Jerome and Ryan Johnston plus Barry O'Hagan should keep your defenders on their toes

snoopdog

Quote from: Targetman on May 22, 2017, 11:17:20 PM
We should have the forwards to trouble that third division defence, and when forker gets his customary red card we'll punish them!!
Down aren't far off Div 3 standard at the moment. Nothing seen the last 2 years to be so confident.