Tablets

Started by lurganblue, July 16, 2011, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

No, it's not better. You cannot scan as quickly. Today I read things about women I didn't need to know.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 16, 2012, 10:47:44 PM
I pre ordered a Kindle Fire HD.
Let us know how you get on with that. Mate of mine who sells and repairs computers reckons that the Kindle Fire will blow the iPad out of the water, as it is as functionable and is a fraction of the price. The real deal apparently.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Dougal Maguire

Well there's a slight problem. The wife discovered that I've ordered it and she's decided that when it arrives she will hold on to it and it will be my Christmas present. So you'll probably have yours long before I get mine and probably even longer before I ever get the price of it from her.
Careful now

LeoMc

Quote from: LeoMc on September 16, 2012, 10:15:02 PM
Thinking of taking the plunge myself but have no idea what to go for.
iPad or Blackberry Playbook or Samsung Galaxy Tab? Any recomendations?

The Nexus 7 is also getting good reviews. Has anyone tried one of those?

Minder

Kindle Fire HD looks good, I have had the IPad (3rd gen) for a few months and think it is a great bit of gear, it's hard to beat for handiness.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on September 18, 2012, 09:59:47 PM
Kindle Fire HD looks good, I have had the IPad (3rd gen) for a few months and think it is a great bit of gear, it's hard to beat for handiness.

It's just a big iPod though isn't it?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

southdown

Where is the cheapest place/website to get iPads?

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: southdown on September 27, 2012, 03:55:47 PM

You could get one cheap from america/canada/australia but it will be a pain to return when it breaks.

deiseach

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on September 27, 2012, 03:58:07 PM
You could get one cheap from america/canada/australia but it will be a pain to return when it breaks.

When? Not if?

Minder

You could just take it to the Apple store here.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Minder on September 27, 2012, 04:50:45 PM

Don't know with apple but when I was in Canada I wanted to buy a bridge camera new from a shop in Toronto for $230 but they told me it wouldn't be covered in Europe. So I am guessing it will be the same for Apple.

Bensars

couple of options.

Apple website itself. Ipad2 16gb wifi  £259 with a 12 month warranty.  Refurbished but like new with warranty. Over the last few weeks they have been popping up regularly, just a case of keep checking.

or the new ipad mini due to be released in the next couple of weeks. 7" and price point expected at around $299 (£200).  Loads of pictures floating about. some partner companies have cases etc already ready. Probably be the no. 1 on the present wishlist for christmas.

Agent Orange

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 18, 2012, 09:49:35 PM
Well there's a slight problem. The wife discovered that I've ordered it and she's decided that when it arrives she will hold on to it and it will be my Christmas present. So you'll probably have yours long before I get mine and probably even longer before I ever get the price of it from her.

Maybe she thinks you bought some slimming tablets.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Agent Orange on September 28, 2012, 08:59:10 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 18, 2012, 09:49:35 PM

Maybe she thinks you bought some slimming tablets.

Of course your wife with her extensive IT knowledge wouldn't make such a mistake
Careful now

Minder

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on September 27, 2012, 06:08:23 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 27, 2012, 04:50:45 PM

Don't know with apple but when I was in Canada I wanted to buy a bridge camera new from a shop in Toronto for $230 but they told me it wouldn't be covered in Europe. So I am guessing it will be the same for Apple.

I know someone that bought a Mac Book a few years ago in the USA and took it to the Apple store to get fixed in Belfast a few times without any bother. I think Apple is different from a lot of companies in this regard.