The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 25, 2017, 08:23:36 PM
Jazes Syferus. Hang them first and then put them on trial, eh?

Should everyone accused of something have to 'step aside' from their job or profession?

He probably would have been happy for the Birmingham six to have faced the death penalty
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2017, 12:41:56 AM

Should everyone accused of something have to 'step aside' from their job or profession?

He probably would have been happy for the Birmingham six to have faced the death penalty

I'm glad you established where you see this case sitting. Comparing it to a stitch-up is far more insulting to the victim than anything I've said about Jackson or his legal team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 12:50:53 AM

I'm glad you established where you see this case sitting. Comparing it to a stitch-up is far more insulting to the victim than anything I've said about Jackson or his legal team.

Who on here is insulting the victim? Put up one post to show it please..

I said you'd have been happy to have them hanged cause the pps had seen fit to have them charged, on your odd mind that makes them guilty
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DuffleKing

Seriously? Are you actually that stupid?

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 12:14:22 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 25, 2017, 11:56:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2017, 08:26:28 PM
The police have spent months pouring over the case. If they didn't think they had a very good shot at conviction they would not charge him, and the act of charging him says they fully believe he's guilty. Save your hand wringing for someone that doesn't see how marginalized rape victims are.

I hope he never plays for Ulster or Ireland again.

It's handy enough ignoring the shite you talk about football but when you bumble your way into this sort of territory you need called out. Due process is in place for a reason you moron.

The State has completed its due process and believe he is guilty of raping a young woman. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it before you go around calling anyone else childish names.

Perhaps you should try understanding the law and the legal system before you go around telling anyone what to do.

Walter Cronc

Whats Syf smoking!!

Is this why Jackson couldn't travel to the US for the New Zealand and USA tests?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 25, 2017, 08:20:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2017, 08:01:59 PM
https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2017/0725/892950-paddy-jackson-stuart-olding/

Where are all the people who defended this wee bollix now?

Schmidt and Kiss should be ashamed of themselves for continuing to pick him with this hanging over him. Disgrace to both jersies.

American sports get a lot of things right and one of them is their willingness to suspend players facing charges.. like a lot of other sports, rugby is totally backwards and will only reach a similar point in its evolution the decades to come.

Innocent until proven guilty I believe the term is!! If found guilty then punish appropriately but please excuse me from condemning anybody on the internet from behind a username no matter how brave this may seem!!!
Exactly, everyone is entitled to a presumption of innocence.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 12:14:22 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 25, 2017, 11:56:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2017, 08:26:28 PM
The police have spent months pouring over the case. If they didn't think they had a very good shot at conviction they would not charge him, and the act of charging him says they fully believe he's guilty. Save your hand wringing for someone that doesn't see how marginalized rape victims are.

I hope he never plays for Ulster or Ireland again.

It's handy enough ignoring the shite you talk about football but when you bumble your way into this sort of territory you need called out. Due process is in place for a reason you moron.

The State has completed its due process and believe he is guilty of raping a young woman. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it before you go around calling anyone else childish names.
This without hearing the evidence, you are straying into the relms of libel.

trueblue1234

Syf has form in this area. Made a tit of himself previously when hanging a minor for hearsay. Course he didn't row back on it or admit he was wrong, just refused to accept the findings to keep himself right in his own head.

While rape is an emotional crime, there still has to be due process. If found guilty, throw whatever you like at him as it's a horrific act. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

AZOffaly

Agreed, there has to be due process. And just with regards to the American sports, I wouldn't be getting too sanctimonious about it.  They seem to have a very 'PR sensitive' approach to suspensions. They have no bother cracking down on a lad who is average, or who attracts massive ire in the media, but the superstars are treated differently, especially if there's no outcry for them to be sacked.

Greg Hardy was allowed stay in the NFL, Ray Rice was only suspended when a big video was released. Jamais Winston has left behind allegations of Sexual Assault in Florida State with little trouble for him. (Serious questions about the way that was handled). Ben Roethlisberger has twice settled out of court for Sexual Assault civil suits, and for the second was was suspended for something like 4 games (!). American Sports are full of bad guys who make money for their owners, so I wouldn't be taking a moral compass reading from there.

Of course others have been summarily punished, but as I say, they tend to be guys that are either borderline in terms of making the team, or are coming to the end of a career, or the tide of public opinion is so strong that there's no option.

magpie seanie

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 26, 2017, 07:04:11 AM

Seriously? Are you actually that stupid?

The ignore function is there for a reason.

DuffleKing

Actually - where is that?

magpie seanie

When you're logged in go to Profile - Account Settings. Then Modify Profile - Buddies/Ignore List - Edit Ignore List. Pop in the name of the poster you wish to ignore and click add and there you go.

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 26, 2017, 08:32:26 AM
Whats Syf smoking!!

Is this why Jackson couldn't travel to the US for the New Zealand and USA tests?

One could hope. It hold be ironic that his pending charges prevented him gonig to America but it wasn't enough for Joe to drop it from the squad. Whatever about Ulster, Joe could easily have taken the high road on this one because Jackson is expendable at the best of times.

It's so sad that the response here is a predictable defense of someone charged with rape. The Ched Evans thread was lamentable enough. Do you think anyone here doesn't have an opinion on this, guilt or innonce? Pretending you don't and you're whiter than white fools no one, least of all me. And libel, get off your play horses.

A cursory google search finds multiple people saying the woman is crying wolf and is targeting Jackson for money: https://forum.ybig.ie/the-rugby-thread_topic33841_page159.html

Rape victims don't get the presumption of innocence you have been bleeting for about. I would hope you've all learnt your lessons on this front now and that we're a better forum than the above..

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 01:38:01 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 26, 2017, 08:32:26 AM
Whats Syf smoking!!

One could hope. It hold be ironic that his pending charges prevented him gonig to America but it wasn't enough for Joe to drop it from the squad. Whatever about Ulster, Joe could easily have taken the high road on this one because Jackson is expendable at the best of times.

It's so sad that the response here is a predictable defense of someone charged with rape. The Ched Evans thread was lamentable enough. Do you think anyone here doesn't have an opinion on this, guilt or innonce? Pretending you don't and you're whiter than white fools no one, least of all me. And libel, get off your play horses.

We know no details of the story how can anyone on here opine as to the 2 lads guilt or innocence? If they did it then sure throw the book at them and never let them play for Ulster or Ireland again but to accuse two lads or rape based on no evidence and ahead of due process is just wrong!