TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Now Game of Thrones is over, I went back to finish the last series of Black Mirror. I had watched the first two episodes and thought while they were ok, they weren't up to the standard of the previous two series.

Watched Episode 3 last night though, 'Shut up and dance' and it was brilliant. A real return to form, up there with the likes of White Bear, very similar as well. Will finish the series now the next few nights, I see they've announced a new set of episodes as well.

Main Street

Running parallel to Mr Mercedes is The Sinner with Bill Pullman acting in the Brendan Gleeson role.
I've done 4 episodes of it and I'm in for the long haul. Bill is a personality disorder but more to be revealed I suspect.

Boycey

Narcos 3 was released on Netflix yesterday anyone had a peek yet? Not sure how it'll work without Pablo.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on September 02, 2017, 08:32:51 AM
Narcos 3 was released on Netflix yesterday anyone had a peek yet? Not sure how it'll work without Pablo.

First episode good. No Murphy in it either.

galwayman

Anyone watched the Night Manager?

Syferus

Excellent stuff. Hiddleston and Laurie are great as the leads.

Esmarelda

Quote from: galwayman on September 05, 2017, 01:34:02 PM
Anyone watched the Night Manager?
Yeah it was good enough, but no more.

Captain Scarlet

Very late to this show, but it is on Netflix.
Very impressed with Happy Valley.

A few more good British shows on there now too that I heard good things about like Run.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

bennydorano

Blood & Gold: The making of Spain. 3 part BBC 4 Documentary, great viewing so far.

The Iceman

Watched a few shows on Netflix in the last wee while:

Defenders - I really liked it - I watched the build up shows and I thought this came together nicely

The Fall - Season 3 - big disappointment, very very slow episodes, some interesting insight into the characters, nice ending but not anywhere close to the first two seasons

Just started Narcos - very good so far
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

JimStynes

Anything new that is decent? Watching a few stocking filler shows to keep me going. Strike, Doctor Foster, Trust Me and a few others that I can watch while marking the books. Haven't started season 3 of Narcos yet as I need to concentrate while watching that but I have heard great things about it. Waiting patiently for the new Gomorrah to come out. Can't wait!

Minder

Quote from: JimStynes on September 10, 2017, 09:20:12 PM
Anything new that is decent? Watching a few stocking filler shows to keep me going. Strike, Doctor Foster, Trust Me and a few others that I can watch while marking the books. Haven't started season 3 of Narcos yet as I need to concentrate while watching that but I have heard great things about it. Waiting patiently for the new Gomorrah to come out. Can't wait!

I thought Gomorrah was finished with ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JoG2

Enjoyed the first season of Dr Foster. Ep 1 of the new season was one of the worst hours of TV I've ever watched,

Started Ozark, really enjoying it

JimStynes

Quote from: Minder on September 10, 2017, 09:22:36 PM

I thought Gomorrah was finished with ?

No season 3 back in November apparently. Going to watch season 1 and 2 again.

laoislad

Very professional!!

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.