Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Years

I think part of the reason he got sent of was because it happened in front of the Clonoe bench and the reaction of the Clonoe subs and supporters behind influenced the refs decision.  From what i seen it was a very soft sending off from IMO a very bad referee.  Some of the frees he gave were very questionable and you wonder does he understand the game at all.  Good referees use their common sense which this particular ref seamed to be lacking.  He needs to realise its a mans game.
On the game itself i thought we played rightly with some very good performances.  Mark Donnelly is playing the best football he has played in years and Tiarnan Murray is a breath of fresh air.  The decision to take him off with 15 mins to play was a very strange one.  He was causing the Clonoe defence problems with his direct running.  The current problem of not being able to kill a game off against the so call better teams was evident last night also.  Hopefully it can be sorted out come championship time. ::)

omagh_gael

Saw a bit of this game on Facebook  (Docsport). Big Dan McNulty hit some great frees off the ground.

Archie53

Club boi

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 22, 2017, 01:37:03 PM
Saw a bit of this game on Facebook  (Docsport). Big Dan McNulty hit some great frees off the ground.

That was about all Mc Nulty done. Someone claimed Munro was wasted, possibly yes, they probably needed him out the field but he totally nullified Mc Nulty. Carrickmore actually looked like they had the extra man in 2nd half, attacking in waves while Clonoe sat back, completely opposite to their 1st half

Can anyone confirm the Ref disallowed the goal for Square Ball?? A lot of folk around Me couldn't believe it as it was from open play and they all agreed that Square Ball was only on a set play now, so should have stood. I think that may have put Carrickmore 3-2 to 0-6 up at that stage, could've made a difference

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Club boi on June 22, 2017, 10:30:27 PM

That was about all Mc Nulty done. Someone claimed Munro was wasted, possibly yes, they probably needed him out the field but he totally nullified Mc Nulty. Carrickmore actually looked like they had the extra man in 2nd half, attacking in waves while Clonoe sat back, completely opposite to their 1st half

Can anyone confirm the Ref disallowed the goal for Square Ball?? A lot of folk around Me couldn't believe it as it was from open play and they all agreed that Square Ball was only on a set play now, so should have stood. I think that may have put Carrickmore 3-2 to 0-6 up at that stage, could've made a difference

In open play you still aren't allowed in the square before the ball is kicked in. Once it's kicked you are allowed to run in.

tothetop03

Quote from: Club boi on June 22, 2017, 10:30:27 PM

The aquare ball goal should have stood imo...although with Carrickmores second goal i feel it was dubious wether it should have stood or not as i felt the ball was handpassed over the goal line before it was palmed into the net.... all about opinions though i suppose...Carrickmore lack a forward that cab grab 6/7 points in a game but most team do...

clarshack

who won between dungannon and aghaloo this evening?

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

southtyronegael

coalisland v ardboe the mara evening as well. should be a good game.

WT4E

Div 2 shaping up in some sort of order now. After a shaky enough start we've started to pick up some good wins - 2 more points should guarantee safety and with alot of home games to come maybe we could push on for a playoff place but another year in Div 2 do us no harm.

Looks like the league will be between Dungannon and Eglish.

Relegation looks to be down to about 5 teams now. From Aghaloo downwards.

What the hell is going on with Cookstown? very surprised they are in the relegation fight - Could they actually go to Div 3? Not that that would break my heart! :)

jb81

Don't think I have ever seen the Senior League as close at the top...Very competitive and hard to win league and championship. 7 winners in 7 years for the championship proves this too I suppose.
Great to see it. It looks like it is up to date on tyrone gaa website anyway.
Coalisland / Ardboe tonight woudl be a big result for whoever wins it.

Alot of big teams still to play each other, so shaping up to a good finish

1   Clonoe O`Rahilly's CLG                   Played 9     16 points
2   An Droim Mór Naoimh Damhnait   Played 10     16 points
3   Omagh St Enda's                           Played 10   16 points
4   Coill an Chlochair Naomh Mhuire   Played 10   16 points
5   Errigal Ciaran                                   Played 9     15 Points
6   Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa           Played 9     13 Points
7   Coalisland Fianna GFC                   Played 9     13 Points
8   Trí Leac C. Naoimh Mhic Artáin   Played 10     12 Points

leenie

Quote from: WT4E on June 26, 2017, 12:27:09 PM
Div 2 shaping up in some sort of order now. After a shaky enough start we've started to pick up some good wins - 2 more points should guarantee safety and with alot of home games to come maybe we could push on for a playoff place but another year in Div 2 do us no harm.

Looks like the league will be between Dungannon and Eglish.

Relegation looks to be down to about 5 teams now. From Aghaloo downwards.

What the hell is going on with Cookstown? very surprised they are in the relegation fight - Could they actually go to Div 3? Not that that would break my heart! :)

There's only a lost a game between eglish/ dungannon with the teams that are coming next - I wouldn't be putting my money on them just yet
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

sam03/05

Good game tonight - Coalisland Ardboe. Coalisland very lucky to get the win but worked hard to the end. Kyle Coney was stand out player, got on a lot of ball and made things happen, still has a lot of talent shame that he packed in the county a couple of years ago. Ardboe played well, but have a very leighweight forward line, 2 or 3 very small players - they set themselves up well in defence.

southtyronegael

heard today that no county men allowed to play this weekend?

In hiding

You heard wrong then. Sunday would be a round of starred games if the county players weren't allowed to play