Proxy Servers

Started by pintsofguinness, May 28, 2009, 11:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

How can I convince rte.ie that I'm in Ireland so I can watch stuff on their site?

Very simple instructions would be appreciated! 

I did ask a computer teacher but she hasnt a clue  :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

ardmhachaabu

Will do some digging for you but it will be tomorrow
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

whiskeysteve

RTE's 'Ireland only' crap is a major pain in the ass!

Tried looking for a few Irish proxy servers one time but couldnt find any - maybe this isn't the way to go about it?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on May 29, 2009, 12:21:01 AM
An Fear Rua is the man to ask. Not thon website, the poster on the board.

He got me to do a load of madness so that he could watch matches on RTE or something. I have no idea what he got me to do or what he was able to get from the gibberish he got me to send to him but it seemed to work.
there's something about ones in Ireland saving the files and sending links or some shite - seems very complicated. 

armaghniac

QuoteRTE's 'Ireland only' crap is a major pain in the ass!

The GAA have sold the rights outside Ireland to Setanta, so RTE have no choice in the matter.

The GAA might usefully think about Internet rights, there should be service to watch this anywhere in the world, albeit on payment of a fee.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

joemamas

in the same boat , a real pain in the hole. used to subscribe to setanata broadband to watch live, it appears they no longer offer the service. Agree that RTE should and could charge for it, but then again, it will probably take them light years to figure that out.

Asked a techy at work, think I scared him, have not seen him in three days.

would appreciate any help, and like previous blogger, keep it simple.

Thanks in advance

FL/MAYO

Quote from: joemamas on May 29, 2009, 01:34:14 AM
in the same boat , a real pain in the hole. used to subscribe to setanata broadband to watch live, it appears they no longer offer the service. Agree that RTE should and could charge for it, but then again, it will probably take them light years to figure that out.

Asked a techy at work, think I scared him, have not seen him in three days.

would appreciate any help, and like previous blogger, keep it simple.

Thanks in advance

I have been looking for the PPV GAA on Setanta i...is that no longer available? The bar owners over here were probably complaining about the the amount of people watching the games at home.

lfdown2

Quote from: armaghniac on May 29, 2009, 12:56:36 AM
QuoteRTE's 'Ireland only' crap is a major pain in the ass!

The GAA have sold the rights outside Ireland to Setanta, so RTE have no choice in the matter.

The GAA might usefully think about Internet rights, there should be service to watch this anywhere in the world, albeit on payment of a fee.

why is it then that you can watch the game delayed on BBC iplayer, the RTE are a joke with regards to this for example pride of the parish and celebrity bainisteoir were only available on the island of ireland, this cant have anything to do with rights!

imtommygunn

Would I be right in saying you would need a streaming proxy for this as opposed to a HTTP proxy?

I'm not sure how many of these you would get about the place. I'll have a hoke round and see what I can dig up. This seems a common problem though which is difficult / nigh on impossible to get round...

http://www.publicproxyservers.com/proxy/list_country1.html
This link may be a help anyway though I think they'd be HTTP proxies...

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B