Donegal (2011-2014) v Tyrone (2003-2008) v Armagh (1999-2006)

Started by Mike Sheehy, September 02, 2014, 09:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on September 05, 2014, 06:09:48 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 04, 2014, 11:11:42 PM
The conversation in Sheehy's skull before starting this thread, may have gone something thus:

"Must start a thread on Ulster football?"

"Good idea, though are you sure? What (else) can you say about it though, it's not like you haven't made your feelings known over this last decade and more?"

"I'll draw them in with bullshit about Donegal and their manager being just fantastic, after what they did to the Dubs. It helps too that they're not from the 6 Counties, you know, how I just love the way the Brits dealt with Partition, hee hee! And nothing like an out bit of plastic plamás before the showdown."

"Brilliant, I'll be here if you need me... Wait, we're in this together right?"

"Sure (left hand side of the) brain, just you and me, just you and me..."

Wasn't Kieran Donaghy's late father from Tyrone as well ? Where  would Kerry be without Donaghy?

I don't think his late father would look kindly on you using him to score points on an internet forum.

Wildweasel74

Yip its all look at me we have 3 titles while another team who doesn't really mouth about titles is gunning for 37, at the end of the day its Tyrone 3 All-Ireland's (2 backdoor), Armagh 1 All-Ireland ( back to back finals) Donegal ( 1 All-Ireland, 2 final in 3yrs). At the end of the day its hard to say who best, Tyrone won 3, could never go back to back, hell hell scoreless in 1st half of fball making a defence. Armagh, beat by Monaghan, got to the final , could have beat Tryone but didn't!!. Donegal -  A style to put you to sleep probably has hasn't some of the players the other teams have, just look at their results prior the manager with mostly the same players. Good chance of winning the win but will not dominate as age is against them and if they played Dublin tomorrow morning i fancy the dubs to beat them. At the minute Tyrone the pick of the bunch but the best team of the past 25yrs is the Kerry team of 2004-2011 who made final after final and so many teams recently are showing how hard that is to do alone. Dublin i feel are very good but their manager seems slow to make positional changes and styles when required and that count against them

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 06, 2014, 01:21:19 AM
Yip its all look at me we have 3 titles while another team who doesn't really mouth about titles is gunning for 37, at the end of the day its Tyrone 3 All-Ireland's (2 backdoor), Armagh 1 All-Ireland ( back to back finals) Donegal ( 1 All-Ireland, 2 final in 3yrs). At the end of the day its hard to say who best, Tyrone won 3, could never go back to back, hell hell scoreless in 1st half of fball making a defence. Armagh, beat by Monaghan, got to the final , could have beat Tryone but didn't!!. Donegal -  A style to put you to sleep probably has hasn't some of the players the other teams have, just look at their results prior the manager with mostly the same players. Good chance of winning the win but will not dominate as age is against them and if they played Dublin tomorrow morning i fancy the dubs to beat them. At the minute Tyrone the pick of the bunch but the best team of the past 25yrs is the Kerry team of 2004-2011 who made final after final and so many teams recently are showing how hard that is to do alone. Dublin i feel are very good but their manager seems slow to make positional changes and styles when required and that count against them

At last the voice of reason !

(I think)

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 06, 2014, 03:03:00 AM

(I think)

But that Kerry team lost 3 big games to the same team, took nearly 9 years to work out how to beat a robotic team full of weak, unskilled players who couldn't handle the physical side of the game and by Mikes own admission aren't as good as the current Dublin team who were picked apart by Donegal. Strange logic applied when rating teams here.
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 06, 2014, 03:03:00 AM

(I think)

One's as feckin unintelligible as the other!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Johnnybegood

Tyrone by a mile at this stage. 3 all Ireland's v 1 but like Dublin the full judgement can't be handed down until Donegal as we know them are no longer!