Do sky have sole right to the final?

Started by rosnarun, September 03, 2019, 04:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

this would put a cat amongst the pigeons if sky play hardball

from RTE website

Speaking to the Irish Examiner today, RTÉ's Head of Sport Declan McBennett said nothing would change in how the national broadcaster form their panels:

McBennett said no decision has been made as to who will be involved in their coverage of Saturday week's replay. "There are a number of factors involved. Technically, we don't have the rights for a Saturday night highlights programme so there are issues around that. We have to work out how many panels we need and then work on that and decide whether we're going with the same panels. That will all be finalised in the next three or four days. I'm getting plenty of views about it but no decisions have been made."
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Could the GAA do a package that prevents RTÉ doing any analysis? ;D
Just let them show the action and nothing else.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

five points

Quote from: rosnarun on September 03, 2019, 04:07:05 PM
Technically, we don't have the rights for a Saturday night highlights programme

Fairly sure he means a night-time highlights programme (like the usual night time Sunday Game) rather than rights to show the game live.

What happened in 2016?

screenexile

Quote from: five points on September 03, 2019, 04:43:27 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 03, 2019, 04:07:05 PM
Technically, we don't have the rights for a Saturday night highlights programme

Fairly sure he means a night-time highlights programme (like the usual night time Sunday Game) rather than rights to show the game live.

What happened in 2016?

Yeah he clearly does... nonsense thread!! He means they mightn't have the Sunday game that night from the banquets. They will though of course!!

magpie seanie

Anyone know where I could access the full game to rewatch it? I assumed I'd find it on RTE player but on Monday night when I looked I couldn't find it.

westbound

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 04, 2019, 11:06:44 AM
Anyone know where I could access the full game to rewatch it? I assumed I'd find it on RTE player but on Monday night when I looked I couldn't find it.
It was definitely on the player on sunday night, cos I watched some of it.

rrhf

It would be mighty amusing if rte can't cover the banquet particularly from a Tyrone perspective. I assume they can do an up for the match which really is top quality programming at its best. As for the final a disgrace that we have to go and sup pints to watch it on a Saturday evening.😀

magpie seanie

Quote from: westbound on September 04, 2019, 11:12:15 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 04, 2019, 11:06:44 AM
It was definitely on the player on sunday night, cos I watched some of it.

Looked again last night and it's not there....might only have the rights for that day, i.e. Sunday. I'll download it off Sky tonight and watch it tonight or tomorrow. Great service that Sky....and the pundits actually seem to like gaelic games and don't appear to be on drugs.  ;D

rosnarun

when you sasy download off sky , do you mean to your sky box or is there a way of downloading it to a pc?
my subscription is about to end and have loads of games taped from the summer and will lose them as soon as the sub goes,
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

magpie seanie

Quote from: rosnarun on September 05, 2019, 11:12:23 AM
when you sasy download off sky , do you mean to your sky box or is there a way of downloading it to a pc?
my subscription is about to end and have loads of games taped from the summer and will lose them as soon as the sub goes,

Have to download to the box from what I can see.

If you hear of a way of downloading from the box to a disc or pc let me know. I've a bit of stuff on the box I don'y want to delete but could do with freeing up space as the NFL season is starting!