Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Rav67

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 14, 2010, 05:39:36 AM
Margarito is a champion in my eyes. But Pacman is just ridiculous.

Margarito is a cheating bastard, ruined Cotto's career I think and could have killed him.  But he was gutsy tonight admittedly.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rav67 on November 14, 2010, 05:50:03 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 14, 2010, 05:39:36 AM
Margarito is a champion in my eyes. But Pacman is just ridiculous.

Margarito is a cheating b**tard, ruined Cotto's career I think and could have killed him.  But he was gutsy tonight admittedly.

Sorry. I was just talking about tonight. Cheating like what he did previously is scummy beyond belief.

nrico2006

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 14, 2010, 03:00:18 AM
I know f**k all about boxing but even though he is great - how can Pacman beat this man. He's six inches taller and a stone heavier. I'm staying up to watch it because from what I hear, Pacman will win.

I'm locked by the way.

Poor Haye gets slated for giving away about ten foot and 50 stone to Valuev and Pacman is praised for conceding a few inches and a locka pounds.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Just watched there now. Pacman was brilliant. He is so accurate and fast it didn't matter how big his opponent was. Why did marg continue to allow manny to keep moving to his left and onto his stronger hand?

Get the mayweather fight sorted ta f**k

Club Rossa

Mayweather is a fantastic boxer with great skills but i don't think he could handle Manny.He is absolutely lethal.His hand speed is fantastic and he makes every shot count.Margarito showed lots of bravery but took a terrible beating.

lurganblue

I'd say mayweather is every bit a match in terms of speed and I'd say he is more skilful. Manny would have the advantage of a stronger hand I'd say but I think mayweather would shade it. I would be a classic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on November 14, 2010, 12:04:32 PM
I'd say mayweather is every bit a match in terms of speed and I'd say he is more skilful. Manny would have the advantage of a stronger hand I'd say but I think mayweather would shade it. I would be a classic

Self praise is no recommendation.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Claw

Very tough to call, but I think I agree. Manny has never seen the defensive skills that Mayweather brings to the table

imtommygunn

What happened between Margarito and Cotto? What did Margarito do? Seems to get a lot of bad press for it.

lurganblue

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 14, 2010, 12:08:04 PM

Self praise is no recommendation.

I blame the touch screen

The Claw

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 14, 2010, 12:09:33 PM
What happened between Margarito and Cotto? What did Margarito do? Seems to get a lot of bad press for it.
He put some sort of material like plaster of paris in his gloves and made bits of Cotto's face. Disgraceful. Its possible that he had it for other fights as well but no one knows.

lurganblue

Did you see him joking about it too in training when they sellotaped a concrete block to his hand and they were all laughing. Glad manny busted his face right. Manny definately took it easy on him in the last two rounds too cos of those cuts

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: The Claw on November 14, 2010, 12:20:31 PM
He put some sort of material like plaster of paris in his gloves and made bits of Cotto's face. Disgraceful. Its possible that he had it for other fights as well but no one knows.

His trainer was caught before the Mosley fight putting illegal pads in the gloves. There's no firm evidence that there was anything in his gloves for the Cotto fight. The chances are there was though.
Either way he's a cheating p***k and got what he deserved last night.

beer baron

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 14, 2010, 01:59:53 PM
Quote from: The Claw on November 14, 2010, 12:20:31 PM

His trainer was caught before the Mosley fight putting illegal pads in the gloves. There's no firm evidence that there was anything in his gloves for the Cotto fight. The chances are there was though.
Either way he's a cheating p***k and got what he deserved last night.

Agreed!As regards Mayweather and Pacquiao i always thought Mayweathers defence would see him win but the more time goes on the more i feel pacman could beat him,so quick, powerful and accurate and Mayweather hasn't had a good fight in 2 or 3 years!