Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Santa, was Murray fighting on that bill last night?

Milltown Row2

Was at the Ulster Hall tonight, Carl Frampton's big night and he delivered well, stopping his man in the third

this was Barry McGuigans first as a promoter. Various local stars there and in the front row was Daniel Day Lewis. throwing every punch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Another World Title for Katie Talylor. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Sandino

Nrico great performance alright once again by Katie Taylor. I have to say I think its a disgrace the lack of meaningful coverage of this excellent achievement.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

gallsman

Couldn't get the RTE player to work in the north for the Taylor fight, had to make do with these highlights.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9004226.stm

Video isn't great, and the local Barbadian commentators aren't the easiest to understand!

Taylor is surely one of Ireland's top sportspeople at this stage. Thee titles on the trot is something else.

Sandino

I watched that coverage as well, the sound of the comentator laughing everytime Taylor landed a good punch was unusual they were a bit to laid back for me. One of the top irish sports stars of the presenr, no doubt. Well done Katie!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Declan

Fantastic performance by Katie especially after such a tough semi final. We're lucky to have her

omagh_gael

Congratulations to katie! That was some left hook she threw in the second round nearly buckled Dong. The commentators are hilarious!

tyroneboi

RTE should get those lads to replace Jimmy Magee and Dave Boy McAuley for their coverage!

gallsman

Only seeing the Enzo Maccarinelli knockout from a few weeks back there now. Absolutely brutal. How the ref let it go on after the first knockdown beggars belief.

About two mins into the 7th round:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEKrDN33nl8

The Iceman

It was a disgrace - the ref should never have let it go on..... theres boys who have never recovered from shots like that
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Maccarenelli the twat is considering continuing. He's suffered four brutal knockouts in the last two and a half years.

nrico2006

Talk of Khan being lined up to fight PBF next year.  I can't wait for Khan to fight the top men in his division, been pretty good so far at fighting fighters way past their best and way put of their weight class (MAB), or fighters who are bascially not top bracket (Malignaggi & Kotelnik).  Also, why hasn't he tried to avenge his 1st round KO, I thought most fighters liked to avenge their defeats?  This fella Khan is fighting next has a tremendous record, but I wonder what the quality of opposition was.  Anyway, if he has anything like the power his record suggests, then Khan could be kissing the floor again.  He can only go on for so long before someone hits that glass jaw of his.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 29, 2010, 04:15:59 PM
Talk of Khan being lined up to fight PBF next year.  I can't wait for Khan to fight the top men in his division, been pretty good so far at fighting fighters way past their best and way put of their weight class (MAB), or fighters who are bascially not top bracket (Malignaggi & Kotelnik).  Also, why hasn't he tried to avenge his 1st round KO, I thought most fighters liked to avenge their defeats?  This fella Khan is fighting next has a tremendous record, but I wonder what the quality of opposition was.  Anyway, if he has anything like the power his record suggests, then Khan could be kissing the floor again.  He can only go on for so long before someone hits that glass jaw of his.

Look up Maidana Vs. Victor Ortiz on YouTube. It was on the undercard of the Pacquiao-Cotto fight and was an absolute war. If Khan gets hit flush he could be gone. If he keeps his head and boxes he should win.

Talk of fighting PBF is scandalous. Nowhere near that level. Sky would be all over it though so it might sell lots in Britain, only way it will happen.

J OGorman

Quote from: gallsman on September 29, 2010, 04:31:46 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 29, 2010, 04:15:59 PM

Look up Maidana Vs. Victor Ortiz on YouTube. It was on the undercard of the Pacquiao-Cotto fight and was an absolute war. If Khan gets hit flush he could be gone. If he keeps his head and boxes he should win.

Talk of fighting PBF is scandalous. Nowhere near that level. Sky would be all over it though so it might sell lots in Britain, only way it will happen.

Maidana's KO's....should be a good fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD-CQ39tr0Q