Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

worst fight ever. couldn't give it to anyone. five live won it in the end

ONeill

Jim Watt talking shit - still saying 'if only Hayes....' - even after he won!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 07, 2009, 10:55:34 PM
Quote from: Schkite on November 07, 2009, 10:52:59 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 07, 2009, 10:48:35 PM
How do Five live men have it so wrong ?

"Valuev knows he's a beaten man", "he's won it by 3 or 4 rounds"  ???

Even on the BBC website they think Haye didn't so enough. As I say, not watching it myself, but the 5live lads sound like some bullshitters even if Haye has won it. They even compared him to Ali in the way he got away from Valuev near the end there!

Turns out they arent that stupid after all on Five Live!!

Bookies got that wrong alright. Haye was 5/2 at one stage there.

FermPundit

The saviour of British boxing. Arise Sir David Haye. That's the BBC Sports personality award sewn up anyway
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Minder

Never a 4 point winner, shite fight.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

INDIANA

at least haye threw a punch. Christ of almights valuvev couldn't hit a cows arse  with a banjo

orangeman

So more importantly, how did Chris Lawn and Benny Tierney get on tonight ?? That was the real big fight tonight.

Square Ball

Quote from: FermPundit on November 07, 2009, 10:58:05 PM
The saviour of British boxing. Arise Sir David Haye. That's the BBC Sports personality award sewn up anyway

Buttons your man for that
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

glens73

Quote from: Square Ball on November 07, 2009, 11:01:09 PM

You're right there, especially with them covering it

Schkite

Even on the BBC website they think Haye didn't so enough. As I say, not watching it myself, but the 5live lads sound like some bullshitters even if Haye has won it. They even compared him to Ali in the way he got away from Valuev near the end there!

Fair enough they called it right, but they'd fairly sicken your hole listening to them. Fair play to Haye though, didn't think he'd win it, especially not on points. He's his pick of fights now, wonder if there'll be a rematch in London, or if he'll go after the Klitschko's straight away!

FermPundit

Nah, I don't agree. Button was useless for the second half of the season. You'll hear nothing more of young Jenson now that Haye has conquered the World.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

DirtyDozen12

Went down to the Errigal there in belfast to watch it, they where showing it via a German TV channel  :-\.  Commode stuff that fight, Haye by an absolute landslide I thought, Valuev is f**king useless, so slow and predictable it was unbeliveable.  Haye fooled everyone by saying he was going for the KO during the week but it was never really in his mind, fought a smart enough fight and kept running from your man all the time.  Any good shots in the fight came from Haye.  f**k IT WAS COMMODE STUFF.  If that useless big fecker had won id be over £100 up now  >:(

Thanks god for Cotto-Pacman next week.  My money is on Cotto to be honest.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

orangeman

Quote from: Schkite on November 07, 2009, 11:02:33 PM

Fair enough they called it right, but they'd fairly sicken your hole listening to them. Fair play to Haye though, didn't think he'd win it, especially not on points. He's his pick of fights now, wonder if there'll be a rematch in London, or if he'll go after the Klitschko's straight away!

For his sake I hope not !!

Minder

Klitscko would beat the lugs of Haye
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Square Ball

Quote from: FermPundit on November 07, 2009, 11:04:41 PM

Nah, I don't agree. Button was useless for the second half of the season. You'll hear nothing more of young Jenson now that Haye has conquered the World.

time will tell.

DD 12, was there many there? what happened to the sky box office coverage? waas going to go there myself but stayed in the house.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid