Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Joe

Kahn won following a technical decision which was based on an accident in the first round which greatly favoured Kahn.  He was essentially punching against someone who could only see out of one eye.  

This fight could have been so much more competitive  >:(

Jimmy Joe

I can't see how they can give him any more credit than for what he done in the first minute

milltown row

Quote from: Hound on March 14, 2009, 11:39:17 PM
Khan is a far far bigger man. I couldnt see an aged MAB beating him. But it would have been nice to have a proper fight. With Khan's chin his opponent always has a chance.

a better balanced view hound, but the age thing, sure big Marty Rogan is 38. (not 37) Khan was looking stronger than before he'll have tougher tests soon enough.

remember the prince Nasim? Khan seems the same type

tyroneboi

Quote from: milltown row on March 14, 2009, 11:45:21 PM
Quote from: Hound on March 14, 2009, 11:39:17 PM
Khan is a far far bigger man. I couldnt see an aged MAB beating him. But it would have been nice to have a proper fight. With Khan's chin his opponent always has a chance.

a better balanced view hound, but the age thing, sure big Marty Rogan is 38. (not 37) Khan was looking stronger than before he'll have tougher tests soon enough.

remember the prince Nasim? Khan seems the same type

But sure Marty Rogan was fighting a 42 year old in Skelton so the age thing was taking out of it to a certain degree in that one.

We will never know how the fight would have faired out if the clash of heads hadnt have happened. Its just the British media that I cant stand in moments like this. SKY barely mentioned the fact that the cut had a massive bearing on the fight!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 14, 2009, 11:47:18 PM
Well i suppose it was an improved display from the Bredis Presott fight he fought at the MEN  ;D

Enzo Macranelli (sp) got knocked the f**k out tonight...anyome see that punch?? Enzo sure did'nt!!!!!!!!!!
Enzo was the great white hope a year ago but is having a time of it now.

TORGAEL

That was a brutal punch that ended macranelli tonight, absolutely brutal. On the Khan fight, its disappointing re the way the fight ended, as i think an uncut Barrera would gave given khan his fill tonight. its tough enough,without only being able to see out of one eye. Milltown, khan aint in the same class as hamed was.....he was an unbelieveably powerful puncher for his weight.....far more than khan is.

Gaffer

Watched Barrera on Youtube today giving the T@@@er Prince Nassem  a well deserved and long overdue hiding.
He was super in his prime.
Only supported Khan tonight cos he came over to Clonoe Boxing Club for a visit a couple of years ago.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

The Gs Man

CAn't believe I had to throw a fella a fiver to watch that!!  Cut ruined it.  I reckon Barrerra would have put it up to him tonight only for the clash of heads.

Oh, and Enzo got KNOCKED THE f**k OUT!
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

TacadoirArdMhacha

Almost pointless analysising the Khan fight. All the question marks remain even if SKY went beserk that he didn't fall to the 1 or 2 shots Barrera managed to throw. One or two fights away from a world title now I'd say. I have to say I quite like Khan. Whether he'll be a world class fighter is still to be decided but at least his fights are attractive to watch.

Christ that was some punch that floored Macarnelli. He sounded like a man of the verge of quitting after the fight. Was an explosive knock out the fight before as well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Hound

Quote from: TORGAEL on March 14, 2009, 11:55:56 PM
That was a brutal punch that ended macranelli tonight, absolutely brutal. On the Khan fight, its disappointing re the way the fight ended, as i think an uncut Barrera would gave given khan his fill tonight. its tough enough,without only being able to see out of one eye. Hound, khan aint in the same class as hamed was.....he was an unbelieveably powerful puncher for his weight.....far more than khan is.
buts thats the point. Khan is two weight divisions heavier than Hamed was. Its 8 years since Barrera showed up the Prince and since then has had wars with Morales x2, Tapia, Pacquiao x2, Ayala and Marquez (among others). Its 18 months since his last proper fight (when Pacquiao beat him 10 rounds to 2)

Khan is very fast, has excellent skills, and carries a decent dig. But a very good proper lightweight will knock him out. Even a good lightweight like British champ Jono Thaxton would probably do him.

But Khan will beat an aged (esp in terms of rounds boxed) and much smaller MAB 9 times out of 10 IMO. Warren would not have put him in with MAB otherwise.

bridgegael

the sky ommentators were a disgrace last night!!  none of them mentioned the fact that MAB had blood streaming into his left eye for the whole fight,  well i think it was mccrory that said that MAB 'was complaining of blood affecting him,  well never know!'!  wat a p***k!!  khan was throwing everything  but wasn't hurting MAB.  he wouldn't have knocked him out and would have been a good fight pnly for the cut.  and the ' khan stopped him in the 5th' was a ridiculous statement by watt i think.  you can be dam sure if it had have been the other way round,  the only thing mentioned would have been the cut!!  i don't mind khan,  its just them wankers on sky that bugs me!!!  phew  rant over!!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

full back

Terrible fight, was spoiled by the cut big tie
Lost £20 f**king quid on it, hate losing money when I dont get a run for it

Galwaybhoy

I saw it in the pub.  So didn't get to listen to the lads on Sky, but if its as bad as ye lads say then I'm glad I didn't get to listen to it!  I was shouting for Khan, but the fight was useless, the clash ruined it.  The amount of blood that was coming out of MAB eye was awful.

Soon after the clash of heads it was obvious it was a very bad cut, the fight should have been stopped and ruled a no contest.  As far as I know if its stopped before four rounds its ruled as such, it wasn't very fair to MAB and would have been a completely different fight only for the clash.

glens73

Quote from: bridgegael on March 15, 2009, 09:56:39 AM
the sky ommentators were a disgrace last night!!  none of them mentioned the fact that MAB had blood streaming into his left eye for the whole fight,  well i think it was mccrory that said that MAB 'was complaining of blood affecting him,  well never know!'!  wat a p***k!!  khan was throwing everything  but wasn't hurting MAB.  he wouldn't have knocked him out and would have been a good fight pnly for the cut.  and the ' khan stopped him in the 5th' was a ridiculous statement by watt i think.  you can be dam sure if it had have been the other way round,  the only thing mentioned would have been the cut!!  i don't mind khan,  its just them w**kers on sky that bugs me!!!  phew  rant over!!!

I wouldn't get too wound up with what's been said by the commentators on Sky. They need to build Khan up to generate money for him, they're hardly going to say the fight wasn't a proper test for him after the cut Barrera got. Warren will be looking for one of the weaker champions rather than someone like Marquez who will be far too clever for him. By rights, Khan should fight John Murray next for his British title, but that won't happen as Warren would rather he failed going for a world title than failed going for the title of his own country. Sky wouldn't be able to generate any more money off him.