Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Best prices for some upcoming high profile fights...

Khan 1/1 Barrera 6/5

Pacquiao 8/15 Hatton 2/1

Klitschko 1/3 Haye 5/2

bridgegael

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 18, 2009, 11:12:01 AM
Best prices for some upcoming high profile fights...

Khan 1/1 Barrera 6/5

Pacquiao 8/15 Hatton 2/1

Klitschko 1/3 Haye 5/2

barrera/haye double would be very tempting there!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Rav67

Who are the Khan and Barerra prices with? can't fail to make money there

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Rav67 on January 18, 2009, 12:32:49 PM
Who are the Khan and Barerra prices with? can't fail to make money there

They are the 'best prices' as I said above so from separate bookmakers...

The evens for Khan is from Will Hill (who go 8/11 MAB)

The 6/5 MAB is from Boyles and Bet365, who go 4/6 and 8/13 for AK respectively.

Our Nail Loney

So if anyonw wants to play the long game at those prices and had £5000 going spare, they could do the follwing:

£2619 on Khan with Hills

£2380 on MAB with either Boyles ot Bet365

Doesn't matter who wins the fight as you would make £5238 if either selection wins, £238 profit...

bigfrank

U couldnt lend me £5000 niall???Always bets like this goin about where u cant lose,just need a big bank balance to do it lol ;D ;D

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: bigfrank on January 18, 2009, 12:54:17 PM
U couldnt lend me £5000 niall???Always bets like this goin about where u cant lose,just need a big bank balance to do it lol ;D ;D

If I had the money I would!! I just don't have the capital to do this sort of bet on a worthwhile scale, and I don't think the bank manager would be happy to hear I was looking a loan to gamble his money...

Our Nail Loney

Would also have to be wary of a draw... Anyone know what percentage of boxing fights would end in draws?

Our Nail Loney

glens73

Some performance by Mosley last night against Margarito, I never thought he would win so convincingly.

Mosley was brilliant, kept landing right-hand bombs all night, the speed as well as the power was the key.

Rav67

Thought Maragarito would have won that fight after his masterclass against Cotto.  A win like that surely puts Mosley in the frame for one more mega-bucks fight in his career against Mayweather, Pacquiao or Hatton.

glens73

Quote from: Rav67 on January 25, 2009, 07:00:35 PM
Thought Maragarito would have won that fight after his masterclass against Cotto.  A win like that surely puts Mosley in the frame for one more mega-bucks fight in his career against Mayweather, Pacquiao or Hatton.

Rav – I wouldn't say it was a masterclass against Cotto, Margarito was relentless and just ground him down, Cotto had seemed to be cruising in that fight early on.
I reckon Mosley watched the Margarito – Cotto fight on tape a number of times and he made sure Margarito never backed him up at any point the way he did to Cotto.  I'd imagine that was a career best performance by Mosley and big bucks fights await now.

Rav67

Quote from: glens73 on January 25, 2009, 07:44:36 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on January 25, 2009, 07:00:35 PM

Rav – I wouldn't say it was a masterclass against Cotto, Margarito was relentless and just ground him down, Cotto had seemed to be cruising in that fight early on.
I reckon Mosley watched the Margarito – Cotto fight on tape a number of times and he made sure Margarito never backed him up at any point the way he did to Cotto.  I'd imagine that was a career best performance by Mosley and big bucks fights await now.

I was very impressed by his win over Cotto, he showed great energy and power and and was controlling the fight by the time he stopped Cotto.  I was shocked that he won that fight, and almost as shocked that he lost last night given Mosley's age.

ExiledGael

This has to be a new low

Abu Dhabi to host Tyson-Holyfield fight in October

Legendary boxers Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield will face off for the third time in an exhibition clash at Zayed Sports City Stadium in Abu Dhabi in October this year.
The Tyson-Holyfield fight will be the finale to an evening that will first feature two separate world title bouts.
The date for the event has been tentatively set on October 31, the night before the first ever Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Full details of the event will be announced on February 1, the 'Arabian Business' reported.
Former world heavyweight champion Tyson last fought in November 2005, when he lost to Ireland's Kevin McBride, while 46-year-old Holyfield fought for the WBO heavyweight belt in October 2007 when he was beaten by Russian holder Sultan Ibragimov.
However, Holyfield holds an edge over Tyson as he won both the previous two encounters with the 42-year-old, including the infamous "bitten ear" incident during their second meeting in 1997.
Holyfield knocked out Tyson for the first time in 1996 and was paid a record USD 34 million for their second meeting. Hence each fighter is expected to earn more than USD 34 million for the Abu Dhabi clash, which is likely to be televised world-wide. A chunk of the earnings from the October event will be donated to an Autism charity.
"The idea is to stage the biggest ever fight in boxing history and to do it in Abu Dhabi, which would be a great global event for the UAE capital. We have agreement from everyone needed and will make the official announcement next week," Sulaiman Al Fahim, CEO of Hydra Properties, which is organising the event, said.