Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chieftain

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 15, 2018, 07:12:28 PM
every game involving the moy last year was brutal too.

I enjoyed their win over Augher myself.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Localexpert on September 17, 2018, 09:39:21 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on September 17, 2018, 08:26:47 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 17, 2018, 08:25:52 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 17, 2018, 06:13:50 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on September 16, 2018, 11:53:10 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on September 16, 2018, 09:33:00 PM
There's a recording going around apparently from one of omaghs county players giving a damning report of the incident.  Doesn't mince his words on what he thinks of the edendork player which he says is a brother of an ex Tyrone player.  Anyone else hear it?

Heard it aye. Words not minced

Any link to it?

It's like a WhatsApp recording on the incident, who is the person speaking? They have it spot on!!
Any chance of a transcript/quote or two?

"He was up sort of fetched a ball and fell to the ground and when he was getting up mcurrys brother who's a f#$&ing tr**p came running over and dropped both knees in his face.  It was a very dirty act I must say."  He then goes on to describe the injuries that he received and getting him stretched off etc....

Ps easy seen these lads nowadays weren't born during the troubles ie don't be caught admitting anything on a recording device  ::)

Meyler is some boy calling someone a f#$king tr**mp going by what I seen off him playing for Tyrone this year. His behaviour of the ball was embarrassing. Thinking he is a bit of hard man. If someone did squared up to him he would run a mile.

Christmas Lights

I dont think Myler has ever seen himself as bit of a hard man ffs, wise up

chieftain

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on September 16, 2018, 11:08:04 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on September 16, 2018, 10:25:26 PM
Any decent performances from Clonoe Ardboe game?
Thought Kyle Coney had an excellent game. Impressive work rate from him tonight.

Agree with this, Nullified mcclure and had a decent impact himself. His passing skills are top drawer. Seems to have got himself into serious shape, be very surprised if he doesnt get a call up for next year.

Cassidy and Skeet had a decent tussle to, hopefully he will get a run next year too see if he can make the grade.

Clonoe looking to be an ageing outfit, same faces there for past few years, an injection of young blood needed.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: chieftain on September 17, 2018, 10:40:04 AM
Thought Kyle Coney had an excellent game. Impressive work rate from him tonight.

Agree with this, Nullified mcclure and had a decent impact himself. His passing skills are top drawer. Seems to have got himself into serious shape, be very surprised if he doesnt get a call up for next year.

Cassidy and Skeet had a decent tussle to, hopefully he will get a run next year too see if he can make the grade.

Clonoe looking to be an ageing outfit, same faces there for past few years, an injection of young blood needed.

Big fan of Michael Cassidy - think he can become a regular.

Tyrone Gaa

Coney was very good on the ball and controlled a lot of the game but I still don't think MH will allow him to coast through a game the way he does.  There is so much more in Kyle, such a frustrating player to watch.  He could up his work-rate 10% easily and take the game to any opposition.  He's a big fish in a small pond dictating to his team mates he wouldn't get to do that in Tyrone.  No doubt he has the skill and talent to make an impact, I worry about the attitude and work rate.
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 17, 2018, 10:57:44 AM
Coney was very good on the ball and controlled a lot of the game but I still don't think MH will allow him to coast through a game the way he does.  There is so much more in Kyle, such a frustrating player to watch.  He could up his work-rate 10% easily and take the game to any opposition.  He's a big fish in a small pond dictating to his team mates he wouldn't get to do that in Tyrone.  No doubt he has the skill and talent to make an impact, I worry about the attitude and work rate.

He maybe worked a bit harder than earlier years but I didn't see a massive difference in him from his Tyrone days. He likes to get on the ball around the middle where there is less opposition pressure and then try to spray spectacular passes. Some of them were excellent, others didn't come off. I didn't see him driving forward with the ball and taking anyone on or getting a shot off. He'd be worth his place on the panel, whether he would do enough to start I'm not sure.

Club boi

I couldnt imagine Clonoe are happy with his performance yesterday. Appeared to be at no more than 3/4 pace with or without the ball, very poor chasing back and never near an Ardboe man at any point, offered nothing on kickouts and totally no impact on the game

Ardboe the slightly better of 2 poor teams tbh. Coney stand out man of the match

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Club boi on September 17, 2018, 11:32:33 AM

I couldnt imagine Clonoe are happy with his performance yesterday. Appeared to be at no more than 3/4 pace with or without the ball, very poor chasing back and never near an Ardboe man at any point, offered nothing on kickouts and totally no impact on the game

Ardboe the slightly better of 2 poor teams tbh. Coney stand out man of the match

Watched it from close proximity to the Clonoe bench.

The manager was less than impressed with McClure and told him in no uncertain terms.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Mc Clure scored two points from play :o  why was he played at whf, when we had no penetration down the middle, baffling. But agreed on his lack of urgency.

Frank_The_Tank

I thought Shay McGuigan was excellent for Ardboe last night - seems to be in serious knick physically and won every ball that went in at FF in second half.  Couple of the Ardboe half forwards were very good as well - all small but all serious place - not sure of names - think Lynn at CHF and the No 10 who seemed be be tasked with tracking PJ Lavery did a great job
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on September 17, 2018, 01:24:24 PM
I thought Shay McGuigan was excellent for Ardboe last night - seems to be in serious knick physically and won every ball that went in at FF in second half.  Couple of the Ardboe half forwards were very good as well - all small but all serious place - not sure of names - think Lynn at CHF and the No 10 who seemed be be tasked with tracking PJ Lavery did a great job

10 was Mattie Bell and 12 was O'Neil (Brother of Nishy), both where superb along with Lynn, best performance ive seen Lynn play since he was a minor when he was leading Ardboe to championships!!
Could this be Ardboe's year??

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 17, 2018, 02:21:29 PM

10 was Mattie Bell and 12 was O'Neil (Brother of Nishy), both where superb along with Lynn, best performance ive seen Lynn play since he was a minor when he was leading Ardboe to championships!!

Nearly sure 7 was Mattie Bell - 10 might have been a Bell too though - any Ardoe posters confirm?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on September 17, 2018, 02:31:41 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 17, 2018, 02:21:29 PM

Nearly sure 7 was Mattie Bell - 10 might have been a Bell too though - any Ardoe posters confirm?

Sorry your right, Jordan Bell was 10 and Mattie was 7. Peter O'Neil 12 - Very speedy, skinned Shane McCourt of Clonoe a couple of time, a biton the light side at the minute but will be a pretty impressive half forward in a few years time im predicting!

Under Lights

Paul Devlin's, Moortown, cub now playing for Ardboe as well.