China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 24, 2020, 11:32:32 AM
Doe anyone know if ROI is planning to announce similar financial package(80%) similar to uk?

Is the 80% in UK finalised? When does it kick into action?

balladmaker

Quote from: toby47 on March 24, 2020, 12:05:15 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 24, 2020, 11:32:32 AM
Doe anyone know if ROI is planning to announce similar financial package(80%) similar to uk?

Is the 80% in UK finalised? When does it kick into action?

UK backdated to March 1st I believe.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 24, 2020, 11:55:27 AM
Also companies need to wise up and spend some money on a remote work infrastructure and do it now as if there is a load of taking the piss and this thing isn't got under any form of control then they'll just be shut.(which is obviously the lowest concern here I know but businesses can be kept going if they stop being dicks - finance/IT are not notorious for trusting their staff)

I'm talking Morgen Stanley here. This lad is a director who can work from home any time he wants without an eyelid being batted. Company are furnishing everyone with these letters about how they're a Global Systemically Important Financial Institution blah blah blah. All of which is true, but irrelevant.

These docs aren't worth the paper they're written on from a legal perspective. If you can work from home, you should be working from home. Not f**king taking a packed Tube into Canary Wharf. The arrogance of these crowds is breathtaking.

imtommygunn

Yep agreed.

It has become very clear over the past few weeks who the real critical workers are and it's mostly not the people who think they are.

RedHand88

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 24, 2020, 11:57:26 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 24, 2020, 11:52:46 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 24, 2020, 10:39:19 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 24, 2020, 10:13:09 AM
Definitely a notable difference today. Maybe the message is getting through. Got a letter from employer to say that I'm a key worker (healthcare). Others should get the same for using at checkpoints.
I'm one too and I don't know many who aren't at this stage.

I know lads working in Finance IT who are getting the same letters.

Companies need to f**k off. If you're not involved in the food or medical supply chain, you're not "essential"

I am hearing off licences open in some places? Is this true?
I've seen one open in Belfast yes.

screenexile

Trump is going to open the US up again in the next few days because he doesn't want China to be going while the US are not . . . it's going to be a disaster!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 24, 2020, 12:26:59 PM
Definitely a notable difference today. Maybe the message is getting through. Got a letter from employer to say that I'm a key worker (healthcare). Others should get the same for using at checkpoints.

Companies need to f**k off. If you're not involved in the food or medical supply chain, you're not "essential"

Address?

GJL

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 24, 2020, 12:38:51 PM

Address?

Asking for a friend ?

RedHand88

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 24, 2020, 12:38:51 PM

Address?

World of wine Finaghy

Milltown Row2

Lidil are open, as is tesco and our local is closed but will deliver for orders over £50

if you are into wines, Portugal Vine yards is a great site. use them all the time, 12 bottles of Porta 6 (great wine) for 60 euro, delivered. but they have hundreds of choices
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Jases we need th'oul off licences open to keep us all sane.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

shantygael

Chill off licences  in Derry  are selling milk , beans,  bread etc  so as to come under the  the umbrella of essential services and stay open. Saw  a photo of it last night. Milk next to the chardonnay.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Every off license I've passed in Derry open. Florists, hair dressers etc. Absolute joke

David McKeown

The UK Supreme Court is being conducted today via video conference. Judges in their homes and counsel in theirs.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner