2019 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 10, 2019, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giovanni

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Giovanni on June 05, 2019, 05:49:56 PM
I blame the Russians  ;D
Messing with our elections, over here in The States, is one thing but if they're going to interfere with me watching Laois hurling---well, that's just going too far!  >:(
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mad Mentor

Maybe Donald can do something while he's over here. Or better still, I'm sure Shane Ross would love to be seen with Paddy Purcell lifting the Joe McDonagh Cup.

burdizzo

Kavanagh named on the team, after all that.

Giovanni

Great news on Mark Kavanagh. Is Lee Cleere injured?

merman

Delighted to hear Kavanagh is OK.
To my memory, the team named in advance has always started to date so I wouldn't expect any changes.

Lee Cleere has picked up a recurrence of a shoulder injury and is a doubt for the rest of the games. A huge blow as I think he's having a great year.

Aaron Dunphy back is a great boost and Picky Maher is also included on the bench for the first time.

redsetanta

Our forwards should be good enough to win this if they get half enough ball.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Quote from: redsetanta on June 06, 2019, 11:42:19 PM

Will be all about possession. Kerry have been able to handle us in recent years because they won a huge percentage of the puck outs. This year Laois have moved on physically, are winning more ball and are turning the opposition over frequently. If we work hard for 70 minutes I can see us winning with some style.

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on June 06, 2019, 09:50:07 PM
Hard to see him start.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on June 07, 2019, 10:43:57 AM
Quote from: redsetanta on June 06, 2019, 11:42:19 PM

Will be all about possession. Kerry have been able to handle us in recent years because they won a huge percentage of the puck outs. This year Laois have moved on physically, are winning more ball and are turning the opposition over frequently. If we work hard for 70 minutes I can see us winning with some style.

They'll need to rein in those wide shots, too.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mad Mentor

I'm looking forward to this. Tralee is always nice to visit. Last year was a big wake-up call with us being favourites and then how easily we were beaten. Hopefully we are better prepared this year.

Don Draper

Quote from: Don Draper on June 07, 2019, 12:41:02 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on June 06, 2019, 09:50:07 PM
Hard to see him start.
As expected Mark is sadly out. Foyle in for him.

on the hop

Can't get the stream working so listening on radio jerry. Great start

G@@

Useless live stream isn't broadcasting.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

MoChara

The antrim Live Stream was having issues as well but came back on for the last 20 minutes of the second half