Iris Robinson to quit politics

Started by red hander, December 28, 2009, 06:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: T Fearon on December 28, 2009, 07:41:38 PM
I for one am sceptical about this and the timing of same. With a general election looming could it be a ploy to take the pressure of the Swish Family Robinson and their vast wealth. I bet she'll be back.

Tony its all a conspiracy against the Fanatical Catholic, Extreme Republican, Pure Blooded Gaels who support the Bastions of Irishness Tottenham Hotspurs.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 28, 2009, 08:27:46 PM
I for one am sceptical about this and the timing of same. With a general election looming could it be a ploy to take the pressure of the Swish Family Robinson and their vast wealth. I bet she'll be back.

Tony its all a conspiracy against the Fanatical Catholic, Extreme Republican, Pure Blooded Gaels who support the Bastions of Irishness Tottenham Hotspurs.

......by TV3.
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on December 28, 2009, 08:33:32 PM

......by TV3.

which is run by the Masonic Order under the direction of the Duke of Edinburgh from their secret meeting chamber at MI5/MI6 HQ in London, the heart of the British Empire.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 28, 2009, 08:40:34 PM

......by TV3.

which is run by the Masonic Order under the direction of the Duke of Edinburgh from their secret meeting chamber at MI5/MI6 HQ in London, the heart of the British Empire.

in conjunction with Linfield FC and sponsored by the IFA

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 28, 2009, 09:17:09 PM

......by TV3.

have decided that Milk Cup draws are to be decided by penalty snowball shoot-out, first to smash 5 Papist stained-glass windows wins...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on December 28, 2009, 11:20:29 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 28, 2009, 07:02:52 PM
There was a lot of understanding shown on the board a few weeks ago when the subject of depression and mental illness arose. I have no doubt the same sentiments will continue for Iris.
I need reminded of this one. Remind me.
McConville probably.

Chrisowc

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 28, 2009, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 28, 2009, 09:17:09 PM

......by TV3.

have decided that Milk Cup draws are to be decided by penalty snowball shoot-out, first to smash 5 Papist stained-glass windows wins...

....and at least one of the burly perpetrators will be wearing a North of Ireland football top.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I for one will not miss her. She should have been sacked and prosecuted over her homophobic remarks.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

wallyman

Its a stressful job for the folks on the hill.

Lecale2

Evil Genius

Quote from: wallyman on December 29, 2009, 11:24:50 AM
I'm sure it is. But whilst I, of course, have sympathy for anyone who suffers from mental illness - even those who hold repulsive views whilst sane - it is surely fair to point out that no-one forced her to be a local Councillor AND an MLA AND an MP all at the same time.

I mean to say, merely filling in the Expenses claims each month must be damned nearly a full-time job on its own... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 29, 2009, 04:03:55 PM
Quote from: wallyman on December 29, 2009, 11:24:50 AM
I'm sure it is. But whilst I, of course, have sympathy for anyone who suffers from mental illness - even those who hold repulsive views whilst sane - it is surely fair to point out that no-one forced her to be a local Councillor AND an MLA AND an MP all at the same time.

I mean to say, merely filling in the Expenses claims each month must be damned nearly a full-time job on its own... ::)
She should employ someone to do that for her. Her son perhaps  ;)

Dougal Maguire

I think Iris has been a naughty girl and over the next few weeks other revelations may well emerge which could possibly make the title of this thread appropriate in other ways. She seems to be getting her defence in first.
Careful now

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 29, 2009, 07:30:36 PM
I think Iris has been a naughty girl and over the next few weeks other revelations may well emerge which could possibly make the title of this thread appropriate in other ways. She seems to be getting her defence in first.
You basing this on anything? After the expenses and homophobia scandals she doesn't see
the type to jack it in so easily. If there is something to come it must be sufficiently bad that The Punt is decommissioning her in advance of a Westminster election.

theskull1

The big D seems to get immediate sympathy whenever it is revealed, so I wouldn't put it past thon one to contrive just to suit her own ends
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera