Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2019, 09:05:47 PM
Getting shocked over some morons shouting we hate catholic's in a pub in Sandy Row is bizarre. What would you expect? A priest doing mass?  This is culture for some!

Could be worse - gobbing on priests is now a national sport in Scotland.

Orior

Quote from: Boycey on March 26, 2019, 08:14:58 PM
Fcuk me lads are yis really outraged at that??

What is bizarre, is the desire of some people from a nationalist background to stand beside these loyalists in Windsor Park, listen to GSTQ, under the union jack and hear them sign no surrender.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Saffrongael

Quote from: Orior on March 26, 2019, 09:13:52 PM

What is bizarre, is the desire of some people from a nationalist background to stand beside these loyalists in Windsor Park, listen to GSTQ, under the union jack and hear them sign no surrender.

Yeah don't understand why Rory McIlroy supports them
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Would the "oh a up the ra" song be classed as sectarian? Asking for a friend  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2019, 09:58:39 PM
Would the "oh a up the ra" don't be classed as sectarian? Asking for a friend  ;D

No. The IRA shoot Catholics and Protestants alike. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on March 26, 2019, 10:01:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2019, 09:58:39 PM
Would the "oh a up the ra" don't be classed as sectarian? Asking for a friend  ;D

No. The IRA shoot Catholics and Protestants alike.

Now that's equality!

playwiththewind1st

Equality established, get an ILA enacted - right, quick, border poll, while the going's good. Establish an All Ireland soccer team & no more singing from the Sandy Row Huns. Sorted.

BennyCake

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 26, 2019, 10:29:52 PM
Equality established, get an ILA enacted - right, quick, border poll, while the going's good. Establish an All Ireland soccer team & no more singing from the Sandy Row Huns. Sorted.

I'll have some of what you're smoking  ;D

Square Ball

That sandy row video. I bet there is similar going on in  bars/clubs around the place every now and then, but people in the whole won't post them. But sure what would you expect from a pic but a grunt, no hope for people like that
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Over the Bar

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 26, 2019, 07:33:15 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 26, 2019, 09:07:50 AM
Catchy tune. Should be easy enough to identify the venue but will anyone bother.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LADFLEG/status/1110303363084750849

'We hate Catholics' chant by Northern Ireland fans condemned by IFA
Video circulating online showing group singing described as 'utterly wrong'

A video circulating online appearing to show Northern Ireland football fans chanting "we hate Catholics" has been condemned by the Irish Football Association.

The video shows a number of individuals in Northern Ireland football jerseys in a function room, standing on chairs and chanting.

The small group can be heard chanting "We hate Catholics, everybody hates Roman Catholics," to the tune of Tiffany's 1987 song 'I Think We're Alone Now'. In a statement on Twitter, the football association of Northern Ireland said the behaviour was "utterly wrong and we condemn sectarianism in any form."

The Twitter user who uploaded the video on Monday, claimed it had been taken the day beforehand, in a Belfast pub. The user who uploaded it was not present in the pub, but stated he had been sent the video by someone who was.

By Tuesday afternoon the video had been circulated widely on social media, and viewed over 400,000 times on Twitter.

Naomi Long, leader of the Alliance Party and East Belfast MLA, described the conduct in the video as "genuinely disgusting."

Ms Long said she hoped the Irish Football Association (IFA) would work with the Police Service Northern Ireland (PSNI), "to verify this clip, identify those involved and ensure they are banned from future games."

Sinead Ennis, Sinn Féin MLA and party spokeswoman for sport, called on the IFA to act to "identify and punish those involved."

Ms Ennis said there could be no place for such behaviour in sport. "It is a hate crime and every possible step should be taken to stamp it out," she said.

"I have been in contact with the IFA and my party colleague, Councillor Claire Canavan has reported it to the PSNI to stress that there should be zero tolerance to such disgusting displays of hate," Ms Ennis said.

On Sunday Northern Ireland beat Belarus 2-1 in Windsor Park, with a late goal from Josh Magennis giving them the win in the Euro 2020 qualifier match

.... they haven changed a bit.... despite thinking they had fooled everyone....

Where are the usual  gaaboard apologists now......

Any comment from the Little Penguin who is alleged to have a fondness for Ian Og's sausages?  It's her constituency after all!

Aaron Boone

Tiffany should issue a statement disassociating herself.

MoChara

magpie seanie

That's not really the point. The IFA would officially tell people this kind of behaviour doesn't exist. Maybe I'm misrepresenting them but that's my and others perception. Instead of genuinely tackling the inherent problem within their support they've their heads in the sand. I think that's the point.

quit yo jibbajabba

Just replace cathliks with praddystants and yis all would love it

BennyCake

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 27, 2019, 09:11:13 AM
Just replace cathliks with praddystants and yis all would love it

Yeah but 'praddystants' doesn't have the same amount of syllables as 'Roman Catholics' for the second line. So it'll never get off the ground.