Casey Anthony Not Guilty of Murder.

Started by Puckoon, July 05, 2011, 08:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Thought there might be a thread on this already. One of the strangest and saddest tales I've ever heard. Mother found not guilty of murder.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/05/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html?

Minder

I remember reading about this a few months ago Puck, was the general consensus in the USA that she was guilty?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Obviously the strongest evidence against her was circumstantial, I thought it would have been incriminating enough to draw a second degree or manslaughter plea maybe at least - but that would be my own emotion coming into it. Just a disgusting end for a child.

Puckoon

Some comments from CNN readers

Well looks like once again the law fails, and there is no justice.  Someone in Florida should do the right thing and shoot her.

This is a gross mis-carriage of justice.  How do you think a 3 year old ends up in the woods, a mile from her home, with duct-tape over her face?  All the while her mom is out partying like a school girl and lying to police!  I am sickened and understand why the jurors don't want to talk to the media.  They should be ashamed and embarrassed!

How much money did CNN make from this case?

FL/MAYO

Nancy Grace will be some crack tonight.

Eamonnca1

I don't understand the fascination with cases like this or why they get so much attention. I'd also be inclined to trust the jury who heard all the evidence unlike the know-all public who didn't. I'm sure they had their reasons for the verdict.

Declan

Read about this case today - Unreal stuff. Some disgusting scenes at the court as well with people trying to get into the public gallery. Nothing like a white mammy up for killing a child to get the old ratings up

Puckoon

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 05, 2011, 10:10:01 PM
I don't understand the fascination with cases like this or why they get so much attention. I'd also be inclined to trust the jury who heard all the evidence unlike the know-all public who didn't. I'm sure they had their reasons for the verdict.

Regarding the fascination point - you've obviously not read the details. The mind boggles at the chain of events and obvious guilt, but lack of concrete evidence. Hence the fascination. Dead two year old not reported missing by the party happy mother for a month, lies and cover ups told to the police.

Regarding the reasons for the verdict - when the prosecution fails to determine the actual cause of death - there can only be one verdict - even when the heart and soul of every juror (I imagine), knows this woman is guilty. The system doesn't allow for conviction based on a gut feeling.

FL/MAYO

A friend of mines young cousin was murdered in the same county last march,  she was worried about the two scumbags getting off, we were assuring her they would be found guilty. I'm not so sure anymore even after the mother of the child pleaded guilty initially but later recanted. The details are in the link below.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27071219/detail.html

highorlow

QuoteA friend of mines young cousin was murdered in the same county last march,  she was worried about the two scumbags getting off,

My God - just read that. Feel sick after it. What a pair of absolute scumbags. Obviously no social services over there.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

HiMucker

Very upsetting.  Evil bitch.

Am I right in interpretting from that article that her family (mother and father) thinks she is guilty.

stew

Quote from: HiMucker on July 06, 2011, 11:52:16 AM
Very upsetting.  Evil bitch.

Am I right in interpretting from that article that her family (mother and father) thinks she is guilty.

The mother was a witness for the prosecution and she fecked them, lied on the stand to protect her daughter.

She will be a millionaire this time next year. God Bless America. :'( :'(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

FL/MAYO

Ashton Kuchner tweet "O.J is outraged at the verdict!"