Mike Ashley is a big fat bollix

Started by deiseach, March 30, 2010, 01:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Delighted for Chris Hughton. He seems like a really top bloke. Newcastle don't really deserve him with the way they consistently passed him over for the job. They only gave it to him when no-one else wanted it or had the balls to do it (you can't lose your "legend" status on MOTD). To his eternal credit he took it all on the chin and has really done the business in difficult circumstances. That club is still a bit of a basket case so what he has done is amazing. I hope he continues to get his just rewards but as some have alluded to I'd fear for him next season with those supporters and that goon of an owner.

deiseach

Quote from: Orior on April 05, 2010, 09:57:17 PM
On the other hand, they might have a cracking season, great start and great finish, claim fourth spot, and get to the Champions League semi-final the following year.

Or even win it. I remember Liverpool played Newcastle in the last game of the 2003/4 season. Liverpool had just squeaked into fourth at Newcastle's expense (barring Newcastle winning by ten goals) and the Geordies were singing "Champions League, you're having a laugh", the implication being that Liverpool needn't bother, they had no hope of winning it . . . ;D

Hedley Lamarr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Minder

He should bring his cousin, Ray Houghton, on board as an assistant.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sammymaguire

Chris Hughton at Noocasal and Neil Lennon at Celtic, there by default and doing a good job, leave them there.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

BennyHarp

Unfortunately he'll be sacked by christmas! Not a big enough name - they probably bring in Iain Dowie to replace him!
That was never a square ball!!

T Fearon

Must be a contender to replace Trap in the Ireland hotseat, when the Italian finally retires. Just hope his association with Brian Kerr a few years ago doesn't hamper his chances

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: T Fearon on April 06, 2010, 07:00:45 PM
Must be a contender to replace Trap in the Ireland hotseat, when the Italian finally retires. Just hope his association with Brian Kerr a few years ago doesn't hamper his chances

Good shout Tony. Was actually just going to post that. Wasn't he involved under McCarthy as well?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

AZOffaly

Ah lads. Hughton did a great job in a big year for the 'Toon, but it's a bit early to be annointing him just yet. Keane and McCarthy did similar jobs in the Championship, as did Phil Brown and Ian Dowie.

T Fearon

No,Ian Evans was right hand man to Mick. Hughton steadied the ship so often at Spurs, after Christian Gross, George Graham etc, and was instrumental in the success achieved with Jol, the closest we've yet come to a 4th place finish, and essentially its was his and Jol's team that won the Carling cup in 2008. Unfortunately he paid the price for a less than distinguished start to he 2007/08 season when he was sacked along with Jol.

But his achievements with Newcastle have certainly enhanced his CV and I'd say he will return to the Lane, perhaps as Manager some day, if he doesn't get the Ireland job

gorm agus bui

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 06, 2010, 07:25:46 PM
Ah lads. Hughton did a great job in a big year for the 'Toon, but it's a bit early to be annointing him just yet. Keane and McCarthy did similar jobs in the Championship, as did Phil Brown and Ian Dowie.
Keane did a fantastic job in the Cahmpionship given where Sunderland were when he took over. With the squad that Hughton had automatic promotion was the least expected but never the less no mean achievement. Looks like Roy has begun to turn things around at Ipswich so expect them to be challenging for promotion next year ;)

muppet

Quote from: AFS on December 06, 2010, 02:36:26 PM
Got the boot. Newcastle are some c***ts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9261212.stm

That looks harsh on Hughton. But then again the Toon have a habit of firing until they find someone to get them relegated again.
MWWSI 2017

Doogie Browser

I hope the fckers go down now, that is crazy.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 06, 2010, 02:40:03 PM
I hope the fckers go down now, that is crazy.

x2, complete joke of a club.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!