Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 15, 2014, 05:50:38 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on October 15, 2014, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 15, 2014, 01:24:13 PM
Some of them seem to think they have already qualified. They are certainly in pole position in the Group of Dearth.

Might not be there too long, so making hay and all that
Well done the north. Not only did we beat Greece quite convincingly, but we also contributed 3 players and a manager to help our fellow countrymen get a decent result against the world champions!  :D

Always knew you believed in  32 county Ireland

Myles Na G.

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 15, 2014, 07:59:00 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 15, 2014, 05:50:38 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on October 15, 2014, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 15, 2014, 01:24:13 PM
Some of them seem to think they have already qualified. They are certainly in pole position in the Group of Dearth.

Might not be there too long, so making hay and all that
Well done the north. Not only did we beat Greece quite convincingly, but we also contributed 3 players and a manager to help our fellow countrymen get a decent result against the world champions!  :D

Always knew you believed in  32 county Ireland
Perhaps you knew because I've been saying it on this board for about 6 years?  ;)

T Fearon

How long will Michael O'Neill (the man with a Portadown wife!) remain in charge of an international backwater? He's bound to be attracting attention from sizeable clubs in England and elsewhere

screenexile

Quote from: T Fearon on October 15, 2014, 10:20:07 PM
How long will Michael O'Neill (the man with a Portadown wife!) remain in charge of an international backwater? He's bound to be attracting attention from sizeable clubs in England and elsewhere

Jaysus!! I remember you saying something similar about Lennon when he was at Celtic. . . he's now at bottom of the Championship Bolton!!

I'd say O'Neill is happy enough where he's at in the handy group where he's not too stretched!

T Fearon

So if an English premiership club came in for Michael O'Neill tomorrow he'd turn them down? I don't think so.

Lennon will be managing in the Premiership soon enough ;)

lynchbhoy

I'm sensing you are going to jump ship to the underdogs and north of Ireland side Tone !!

Michael Oneill would jump ship in a heartbeat like he did when leaving sc**bag rovers for Scotland!

T Fearon

rodney trotter

O Neill got the Northern Ireland job after his spell with Rovers in 2011, he didn't go from Rovers to Scotland.

screenexile

Quote from: T Fearon on October 15, 2014, 10:29:20 PM
So if an English premiership club came in for Michael O'Neill tomorrow he'd turn them down? I don't think so.

Lennon will be managing in the Premiership soon enough ;)

That's not what I'm saying... I'm saying no big club would be looking for him after a couple of good results for Ireland.

The same way no big Club has looked for Lennon after winning a load of trophies against non existent opposition!!

T Fearon

I'd say O'Neill would jump at any job in the Premiership tomorrow.Yes it is a shame that Lennon getting a team to last 16 of Champions League and beating Barca in the process (something that Man City haven't done and Liverpool certainly won't do this season) has been largely unrecognised in England.

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on October 15, 2014, 11:42:24 PM
I'd say O'Neill would jump at any job in the Premiership tomorrow.Yes it is a shame that Lennon getting a team to last 16 of Champions League and beating Barca in the process (something that Man City haven't done and Liverpool certainly won't do this season) has been largely unrecognised in England.
You're right.  Martin would be off in a shot.

T Fearon

You're not wrong.Michael must be on course to do another Sanchez and jump ship to somebody like Fulham

ONeill

Brilliant to see NI do well.

On the downside David Healy got slapped again in the Europa.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

Michael is a great lad. Played Gaa alongside him just before he left for Newcastle Utd. Would have just played for them on a Sat pm and would be sitting with a few of us later that night for a pint. Very down to earth and deserves to do well.

dec

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 15, 2014, 10:41:09 PM
I'm sensing you are going to jump ship to the underdogs and north of Ireland side Tone !!

Michael Oneill would jump ship in a heartbeat like he did when leaving sc**bag rovers for Scotland!

Tony has always been a big fan of the IFA team.

He made the pilgrimage to watch them at Windsor long before he ever watched Armagh.