Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1life 1club

Quote from: Orior on October 31, 2010, 06:51:09 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on October 30, 2010, 10:21:58 PM
Quote from: crossfire on October 30, 2010, 05:10:29 PM
Doohamlet  beat Sarsfields  by 5 points in Cross.
Sarsfields never recovered from early goal.
Doohamlet were much the better team.

Wasnt at it but two lads that were said sarsfields were much the better team and kicked themselves out of it. The lads arent sarsfields lads and would have no need whatsoever to praise them.

When was the last time an Armagh team had a good run in the Intermediate championship?

newtown got to an ulster final i think about 10 years ago,got beat i think
full forward son

fitzroyalty

Did B'nab not go far a few years ago?

mackers

They got to the final a few years back and were beat by Coleraine.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

rionach 4

Maghery got into the final a few years ago but were beaten By St Michaels  Donegal (colm Mc Faddens team )

Onion Bag

Quote from: mackers on November 01, 2010, 11:06:59 AM
They got to the final a few years back and were beat by Coleraine.

thats right, the Nab were beat by Coleraine in the Ulster Final after a replay 2006

Coleraine were beat in the all ireland final by a team from Kerry

and now they are representing Derry in Ulster at senior level, they have made great progress

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Throw ball

Quote from: thewanderer on November 01, 2010, 10:40:48 AM
it certainly rubs the st galls loving irish news reporters noses in it. i sick of the hype for galls from the irish news soocer reporters.

Must admit I thought the report today was very poor. Would no one from Cross talk to them to give an alternative view?

mackers

Quote from: Throw ball on November 01, 2010, 07:05:56 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on November 01, 2010, 10:40:48 AM
it certainly rubs the st galls loving irish news reporters noses in it. i sick of the hype for galls from the irish news soocer reporters.

Must admit I thought the report today was very poor. Would no one from Cross talk to them to give an alternative view?

I hear that there has been a ban imposed by Crossmaglen on giving interviews to the Irish News after perceived slights on the club earlier in the year. They feel aggrieved over articles in the paper regarding JK going bust and printing a letter in  Off the Fence after a National League game last year from some guy saying that Crossmaglen had some of the worst facilities in the country. The relationship between the Rangers and the Irish News won't have improved this morning with   Crossan writing an article about an alleged assault by a Cross sub on one of their backroom team.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

thewanderer

crossan is totally biased towards st galls as can be seen with articles all year. he should stick to discussing too bit junior football. but wait to you see the turn round now that galls are beat suddenly the mighty cross articles will appear. heaney etc dont have any love for armagh or their club teams.

IVEDECIDED

twotwocharlie

The article about Joe kernan and his family was way over the top.

Don Johnson

Quote from: thewanderer on November 02, 2010, 10:08:04 AM
crossan is totally biased towards st galls as can be seen with articles all year. he should stick to discussing too bit junior football. but wait to you see the turn round now that galls are beat suddenly the mighty cross articles will appear. heaney etc dont have any love for armagh or their club teams.

There has been plenty of articles about Cross and their success. I remember either Crossan or Heaney, possibly both, devoting their columns to Cross in the past.

Cross being children at the minute, wouldn't speak to IN for their recent club supplement, they had to get CV and MOR jr to provide the soundbytes about them.

illdecide

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 04, 2010, 10:54:34 AM

There has been plenty of articles about Cross and their success. I remember either Crossan or Heaney, possibly both, devoting their columns to Cross in the past.

Cross being children at the minute, wouldn't speak to IN for their recent club supplement, they had to get CV and MOR jr to provide the soundbytes about them.

How's it going Don... :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Cross have every right not to speak to the IN if they feel that the coverage of JK's personal affairs was unwarranted.  4 sons play on the team and the man is a legend within the club.  Trust me no one in Cross will lose any sleep over any negatives from the papers, if anything they would be welcomed ;)

crossfire

We do our talking on the field.

Don Johnson

Quote from: crossfire on November 04, 2010, 06:59:59 PM

We do our talking on the field.

Plenty of talking off the field too. Bit of a silly comment given that they would have give interviews to plenty other newspapers, reporters etc. Just not anyone from the IN.