Tyrone v Monaghan - Healy Park, Omagh - 16/04/2023 16:00

Started by CK_Redhand, April 12, 2023, 04:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Monaghan deserved the win, based on second half. Fair play.

No answer tactically from management to the Monaghan press.

thewobbler

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 16, 2023, 08:38:26 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on April 16, 2023, 08:22:37 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on April 16, 2023, 08:17:34 PM
The annoying thing about Monaghan is they can produce brilliant displays at times however once they have any sort of scalp they seem happy to disappear again for another year.

They always seem like a team to be happy in Division 1 without any actual desire to go on and win anything, 2 ulster titles in 35 years back that up
The annoying thing about Monaghan is they can produce brilliant displays at times however once they have any sort of scalp they seem happy to disappear again for another year.

They always seem like a team to be happy in Division 1 without any actual desire to go on and win anything, 2 ulster titles in 35 years back that up

That's one of the most insulting things I've read on GAA Board.

A county that has decimated the natural bar set by their population levels, for 2 generations now.

And you describe them as a failure.

It's not just insulting. It's retarded.

You do know what "decimate" means, ie, to destroy a tenth, literally?

Okay I didn't know that.

You do know that language has evolved since Roman times?

J70

Quote from: Schkite on April 16, 2023, 09:00:29 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on April 16, 2023, 08:50:03 PM

Monaghan thrive in the early stages of the competition when the refereeing standards are much weaker. This "Cullen" from Fermanagh will not be getting any big games in the near future.

I almost admire the dedication in keeping this troll account going over several years

Wouldn't mind if he'd come up with something with even a modicum of wit.

LeoMc

Quote from: An Watcher on April 16, 2023, 07:51:19 PM
Disappointing result after a good first half.  Canavan looked dead on his feet and probably could have been taken off but no one really there to change it up.  I assume mcshane is nowhere near it?  Surprised at donnelly coming off as well as he is the man that shows leadership when needed but maybe got a knock.  When your defence is conceding so easily though you can forget about it.  I really thought we had sorted those early season problems in defence but not so.  Time now for management to work on things but not sure about them either.  Coming away with more questions than answers!
We had sorted the early season problems when we moved Harte away from 6. Whilst we tried Burns, Munroe and McCarron with varying degrees of success we never settled that position. The lack of a settled 6 meant they put Harte back there to accommodate the remaining defenders and we lost his attacking threat without closing down the middle.

tyrone08

A county that has decimated the natural bar set by their population levels, for 2 generations now.

Nothing retarded about it. Monghan have had the beating of many ulster teams over the years in certain games. Their failure is doing it at leat semi consistently. No point in pulling a few big games a year out of the bag, they had had the talent over the last 8 years to be challenging for regular ulster titles at least and have failed to do so

thewobbler

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 16, 2023, 09:27:54 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on April 16, 2023, 09:06:32 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 16, 2023, 08:38:26 PM

You do know what "decimate" means, ie, to destroy a tenth, literally?

Okay I didn't know that.

You do know that language has evolved since Roman times?
It has. It has also left words like "retarded" behind.

Indeed, but in this particular case it was the most appropriate word to use.

Any act of describing an entity that continually punches above its weight, as lacking desire, is one that is intellectually deficient.

screenexile

Just looking back the the Sunday Game that goal was never on how he had the balls to go for it I'll
never know.

Fair play to him!

ONeill

Fair play to Monaghan - they always play the game in the right way.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Unlaoised

Quote from: tyrone08 on April 16, 2023, 09:25:31 PM

Nothing retarded about it. Monghan have had the beating of many ulster teams over the years in certain games. Their failure is doing it at leat semi consistently. No point in pulling a few big games a year out of the bag, they had had the talent over the last 8 years to be challenging for regular ulster titles at least and have failed to do so

In that 8 years you had a super  Donegal and  Tyrone to contend with not to mention the quality of the other teams that ulster can produce ...

Silly statement they have punched above their weight for a long time .

Counties like laois westmeath offaly Longford wesmeath fermanagh cavan Down Sligo Wicklow etc would love to have the success they have had .

Yes 2 titles in 10 years could have been 4 or 5 but they were unfortunate with the draw aswell meeting Tyrone Dublin and kerry in quarters and semi in them years .

A great county with great pride
LAOIS ABÚ

Armagh18

Yeah that is probably fair enough tbh. When did they last win one? 2015 was it? McManus one of the best ever to do it probably should have won more.

Jim Bob

Quote from: screenexile on April 16, 2023, 09:43:15 PM
Just looking back the the Sunday Game that goal was never on how he had the balls to go for it I'll
never know.

Fair play to him!

One of those scores  you'd get once every 10 attempts. In that regard he was lucky.
Wonder what his manager would want him to do if a similar situation arose in to Derry game

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 16, 2023, 09:58:24 PM

Yeah that is probably fair enough tbh. When did they last win one? 2015 was it? McManus one of the best ever to do it probably should have won more.

There last 2 were 2013 and 2015 I think. There were only really Donegal and tyrone in contention between 2015 and 2020 so monaghan definitely should have won at least 1-2 more in that time period.

Now Derry and armagh are on the rise I can't see monghan doing it this year.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on April 16, 2023, 08:20:27 PM.

I don't see them having much of an impact on the AI series either, they could make a quarter final but based on all known form they will probably limp out. Unlike Mayo, the 5 week gap will be of no benefit to them.

Don't see much of a difference between Mayo, Tyrone, both will be talked up as possible contenders especially if hit a run of form in the round robin however are either strong enough in midfield or defensively to win the All-Ireland this year?

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 16, 2023, 10:25:40 PM

I don't see them having much of an impact on the AI series either, they could make a quarter final but based on all known form they will probably limp out. Unlike Mayo, the 5 week gap will be of no benefit to them.

Don't see much of a difference between Mayo, Tyrone, both will be talked up as possible contenders especially if hit a run of form in the round robin however are either strong enough in midfield or defensively to win the All-Ireland this year?

I'd have Mayo a lot further up the list than Tyrone at the minute based on the past year and a half's
football.

Armagh18

Quote from: screenexile on April 16, 2023, 10:30:13 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 16, 2023, 10:25:40 PM

I'd have Mayo a lot further up the list than Tyrone at the minute based on the past year and a half's
football.
be very little between the 2 if they played next week imo. Still think Tyrone the more likely of the 2 to beat Kerry.