Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Strong enough looking side, however, I think our FB line looks suspect. Not sure if McMahon has the speed for corner back and might get ran at easily. D'OC - Corner back isn't really his best position but can do a job and has pace and DBooth really is our 2nd choice FB and would do better in the corner. Anyway, we gotta go with it as we're still missing a few. From Half backline out, we look strong and I'm happy Colm Begley is named at 6 as he has the experience, stamina and satisfactory pace for the position.

Hopefully Kevin can put up a better showing vs his indiscipline in the league as he wont be happy with his performances and can offer a lot more. Dillon has been playing very well in challenge games so it's surprising he's not named - not really sure how fit Padraig is for the game.

As for forward line, it looks strong but would have Walsh in instead of Farrell - maybe he's carrying a knock. All in all, not a bad looking side and I really hope we can gel well on Sunday and put that hard training to good use. Longford are no pushovers but I predict Laois by 2.

Jellyfish

Side looks decent. However, I think Walsh should be in, and Lillis aswell maybe, dont know if  they are injured though or what. Hopefully the boys can do it on Sunday. Think they will win by 3-4 points
To be tough enough to win, you must first be tough enough to lose.

town1980

macmahon wont start at corner back,,and there is also changes to the team so that is a dummy team that has been named,,,als not rosy at the minute but i hope we get a performance tmw result i think longford will win by 3 i DONT want this to happen  but again i wont hide my disapointment at the set up,,,all will come out next week im sure,,best of luck to laois

Unison

Quote from: town1980 on May 20, 2017, 01:57:26 PM
macmahon wont start at corner back,,and there is also changes to the team so that is a dummy team that has been named,,,als not rosy at the minute but i hope we get a performance tmw result i think longford will win by 3 i DONT want this to happen  but again i wont hide my disapointment at the set up,,,all will come out next week im sure,,best of luck to laois

English please?

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: town1980 on May 20, 2017, 01:57:26 PMi think longford will win by 3 i DONT want this to happen
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

town1980

ILikeStrawberryJam

Your obviously privy to some insider info town1980 .. i hope your wrong ..

If the camp isnt unified they'll get done tomorrow

Don Draper

town1980

No I've been saying the camp isn't unified all year sure,, I do hope we get a result it's needed badly

Tony

In all fairness when has the side been completely unified? Micko? Kearns? Dempsey? Cribben? No, not even then.

Stop talking shite town1980, the word I'm getting is the players are enjoying the setup and working very hard. That's the general consensus from the group, there will always be one or two unhappy with any setup.

Laois to put in a good hungry performance and to win narrowly. See ye at the match.

Helix

All's not rosy yet they can still come out with a performance like that. Great win. Badly needed. Roll on Kildare!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

BallyroanAbu

I kept my mouth shut in the lead up to this match.  I did toy with the idea of having a bet on Longford but decided against it once I seen the Laois team,  I am not so sure we are any better than we have been in the league.  Personally I think this result is a false one and we will find it extremely hard against Kildare.  Just cannot see us getting close.

SCFC

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on May 05, 2017, 10:43:54 PM
Thats telling you wholeheartedly agree with original poster, we won't beat Longford by the way.

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on May 21, 2017, 05:45:33 PM
I kept my mouth shut in the lead up to this match.

No you didn't. You said we won't beat Longford

Nameless

Lads, just ignore anyone hoping that we'll lose, not worth the time.

That was much better than all the league games obviously. We played well at stages, got a few great goals and dominated midfield for the most part. Our defence looked like it could be opened up and it was at times in the first half. That's going to be our problem. Begley, Quigley and the 2 Kingstons were the stand outs I thought with a good few others having decent games. Let's hope Attride's injury isn't too bad but it looked like a re-occurrence. We need him and Timmons back the next day as it will be a big step up.
Very nice to get so many nice scores and our forward play looked good. Let's build on it, tighten up things and the back and see how we get on against Kildare.

blueandwhite1

Dummy team didn't do too bad. Longford by 3?

Given your unbelievably strong record at predicting outcomes and insight into the setup, can you tell us when 'all will come out this week' specifically?

I thought Laois looked unified and played with calmness and purpose. We will be up against it with Kildare for sure - they will be hot favorites. There were some strong individual performances today and the decision making and passing has come on hugely. Then again, Creedon is playing with a stronger and fitter deck than he had in the league. In particular, O'Carroll, Quigley, MacMahon and fit versions of Begley and O'Loughlin made a big impact. Defensive organization is improving but we still lack tight defenders that can tackle.