Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Quote from: town1980 on May 06, 2017, 03:52:10 AM
I was at the Carlow challenge game TONY whoever is filling your head with this info is way off,, mark timmons will not start he might not be brought on in any game in fact his major operation I think will see him end his Laois senior career, his 32 and a double hip operation with him playing 2-3 club games means you start an intercounty game,, there's a reason lads start training in October to be ready for the summer, Tony good fellow your actually clueless and mr Broanabu has just proved it to all of us

I just checked there. Portlaoise have no outfield starters on the Laois team. A lad in Meath yesterday asked me how can that be right? I said I don't know.

The Monument Road

I cannot follow what Town1980 writes at times. He like everyone here is entitled to an opinion but for gods sake write it in plain English with full stops etc. From what i can decipher from your comments it seems as if your a Portlaoise man with some form of gripe since Lilis completed his tenure. You seem to have inside knowledge on what rules Creedon has implemented such as drink banns etc. Are you a part of the panel or has some connections with a member of the panel.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on May 06, 2017, 06:53:46 AM
Why have we taken on MASSIVE capital projects, when our on-the-field exploits are taking a nose-dive?

Why are dressing rooms being built in the COE, when OMP is right beside it?

I don't think the investment in top quality training pitches to be used as a training base for county teams is really optional. I'd back them on the COE.

On the other question, I was explaing the new COE to a fella from Connemara recently. I explained where it was etc and his reaction was "Oh go han mhaith! Smart move, so you don't need to waste money duplicating dressing rooms etc!".
And I went, "well, no we are building standalone dressing rooms!.......but err, ye, you have a point!".
I too am surprised at the apparent luxury we are undertaking in this area!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

BallyroanAbu

The county board is now going to waste every penny in building top class facilities which they will have trouble funding.  They will allow the continual decline of all county teams and then  spin it to the public trying to say that centre of excellence is basically at the core of their thinking.  To be fair we do need to improve facilities but they should be a secondary part of the agenda of the county board.    Are strong county teams not the priority of any county?.   We are now looking at decreasing revenues while embarking on one of the biggest capital spends this county has ever conceived.  This is like the titanic departing Southampton.  I don't know if many agree with me on this but I foresee the Centre of Excellence being the altar on which our county teams are sacrificed. 

Dave like the tv channel

It's one thing inheriting a problem from a previous regime, but it's another to simply build during a (sporting) recession.

Why not insert a few gates halfway down the wall between the CoE & OMP to allow the dressing rooms in OMP to be used?

O moore parklife

The wall is gone they knocked it last week  ;D

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: O moore parklife on May 07, 2017, 12:05:50 AM
The wall is gone they knocked it last week  ;D

Right. I'm great at suggesting things that have already happened., it appears.

justinn

Challenge matches, Longford played Louth on Fri evening and Fermanagh Sunday.

Won both.

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

GAA-SMART

Any word on how O Loughlin and Kingston are fairing? Will they be back fit for Longford

Unlaoised

I hear both will be okay....Timmons will not be considered.

McMahon is touch and go
LAOIS ABÚ

les Antiques

Beat Clare ,things moving along nicely . Donie s recovery on track and injury not as bad as first feared . Meaney being tried at centre back an interesting development.

GAA-SMART

O loughlin has Dublin Championship this weekend, wonder is that on his agenda, he be a major loss for us for Longford.

Tony

What was the team sheet like for the Clare game - did we win well?

ILikeStrawberryJam

Meaney at centre back  .. suffering jaysus

Beating clare ina challenge means nothing ..

Longford have had a few challenge wins too

We're desperate low on man markers ..  timmons is a huge loss if he dosent make it back this year