Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave like the tv channel

Don't name anyone. Any player named as a drinker could end up suing for libel. It might not be a hugely serious issue in the greater scheme of things - that a player has a few drinks - but a court could see it as besmirching his good name. So, unless you have €30k packed away somewhere, I wouldn't.

Tony

Town1980 said most of the panel were out drinking. I call bs on that one. Nobody else saw it or heard it and we're all around the county. Complete bs. If "most of the panel were out drinking", we'd all have heard about it. Nobody has heard a thing apart from this attention seeker.

I was out till 3 last Sunday night but I wasn't drinking, I'm on anti biotics the last week. Anyone seeing me out would assume I was drinking.

What I'd say that little town1980 saw was a player or two out after their bedtime and so he assumed they were out drinking. Get a life town1980 seriously. You know that's what happened. You're enjoying the little limelight there but you know you're talking bs.

clonadmad

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on May 04, 2017, 12:21:32 AM
Don't name anyone. Any player named as a drinker could end up suing for libel. It might not be a hugely serious issue in the greater scheme of things - that a player has a few drinks - but a court could see it as besmirching his good name. So, unless you have €30k packed away somewhere, I wouldn't.

Yeah maybe if town1980 and other clowns who spread unsubstantiated rumors considered this before they started typing.

town1980

if yee think im talking bullshit lads i couldnt care less,,,if you were out in town TONY you would have seen alot out in fact,,,why would i even bring this subject up,,,creedon put in a ban after the easter bank holiday weekend as players never showed up for training ,,,all players agreed so there was a drinking ban in place FACT,at the weekend alot of our players didobeyed this again and WERE out drinking enjoying themselves and in JUST MY OPINION i think that is not right,,we have been so bad in the league and me as a supporter is hoping for an upturn in performance see this shit happening it riles me,,its never said on this forum but i question the commitment club players train do gym sessions and yes ENJOY the weekends county players are supposed to be a different breed they are supposed to live breath GAA,,dublin mayo tyrone donegal list goes on,,i will use  Ross Mullaney as an example of what a model GAA person is and i see alot in there that just are not  commited like he is was,,sorry if yee dont like me opening the can of worms but good fellas its a fact,our county team is like a club team at the minute

Dave like the tv channel

I agree. Some posters are morons.

Players are expected to act like complete professionals, when they give up their lives. A pint or two won't affect them much.

It's easier for say, the Dubs, to do so, as there's an All Ireland medal in the offing. Along with a huge pick, there's the carrot of the medal and the 'stick' of being dropped. Counties like Laois won't be seeing Croke Park in September for a long time and expecting players.

You can argue that drinking and poor discipline is why we won't see it, but it's not fair on them.

Don Draper

GAA-SMART

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=269810

This looks great, get rid of 2 lads and pay for Mc Conville to come down. Nonsesne.

redsetanta

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/05/04/injury-worry-key-players-laois-senior-footballers/

Update on the state of things with the senior squad.
Guinness was a bit off in O'Loughlins over the weekend, apparently!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

"There's a saying in GAA that after a couple of championship games, the league is quickly forgotten about and I think the last 12 or last 8 is a realistic ambition." - Peter Creedon.

Haha, if we come anywhere near the last 12 or 8 I will eat my hat live in top square portlaoise. But stranger things have happened and I admire the high goal standard that we're trying to achieve. Great to have Timmons, Brendan and Stephen back. If we have JOL, Donie and Padraig back too, we might have a decent looking team come the Longford game. As the man says, things can only get better. . . Surely.

Respect again to all the lads who've put in very heavy training since the League. Not long now till the Longford game. We can't afford any more injuries though as we don't have the strength in depth to cope with it as we witnessed in the League. IF IF IF we do pull off a result against Longford and IFFFF we somehow do something against Kildare, Creedon is right : we most certainly will have forgotten about the league.

Unlaoised

Not sure about the drink ban but I did see two or three lads on the beer on sunday night last.

I'm not one for these ban a player should know how to look after himself leading up to a championship game.

It will be all decided on the day if they want it enough or not.

If we had a team like

Brody
Attride
Timmons
Kelly
Strong
Lillis
Begley
Quigley
Meaney
Walsh
O'Loughlin
O Carroll
Kingston
Kingston
Conway

I think we will beat Longofrd!
LAOIS ABÚ

ILikeStrawberryJam

Jaysus Unlaoised would you start Meaney after 2 stupid sending offs that were pivotal in how things panned out in the league
Id much prefer to see buggie or dillon starting and JOL in the middle

Nameless

It's great to hear that Attride is back. Pace is key in the modern game and I think we need him and O'Connor on the starting team. The problem is that we are very short on corner backs and these 2 are better suited out the field. We have to play defensive with numbers back and then play on the counter with the option of the long ball into Kingston. It's the game that suits our players best. Number one because we don't have great tacklers or tight man to man markers. Also with our lack of pace around the middle, we can't be chasing back after players, we have to keep our spine solid.
Our attack should be based on the combination of powerful runners and pacey runners and then the King as our ex factor. I would put either Walsh or O'Carroll in beside him. A strong player who can win their own ball. Our wing backs and wing forwards should be interchangeable. I think there's only room for two out of three of Quigley, O'Loughlin and Meaney so whoever is showing best in training. If Timmons gets his match sharpness soon he has to start and I think Booth in one corner mainly because we have no one. Kelly might have to stay in the other but he wouldn't be as exposed with a proper defensive structure. Something like this:

___________Brody___________
Booth_____Timmons______Kelly
__________Strong___________
Attride_____Begley____McMahon
____Quigley______O'Loughlin___
O'Connor___O'Carroll___Donagher
_____Kingston_____Walsh_____

Helix

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Gmac

If that is true better start the search for the next manager soon ,  I'd be pretty sure he will walk after championship exit.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Gmac on May 04, 2017, 08:21:03 PM
If that is true better start the search for the next manager soon ,  I'd be pretty sure he will walk after championship exit.

They will be queuing up with job offers no doubt!

It'd be interesting to know where the story came from, smacks of getting your excuses in early to me!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......