FAO Admin - Do something please...

Started by pintsofguinness, July 18, 2007, 10:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 18, 2007, 11:05:46 PM
pog his argument is sound there is a whats next for armagh and a joe kernan thread these are linked why is there two threads????

there is one thread for geragty leaving the panel and another for him rejoining why not complain about this????

no as it is intercounty thread not local gaa issues that were being discussed laoislad.

Yeah but those are 2 separate issues! ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tankie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 18, 2007, 11:13:53 PM
pog his argument is sound there is a whats next for armagh and a joe kernan thread these are linked why is there two threads????

there is one thread for geragty leaving the panel and another for him rejoining why not complain about this????

no as it is intercounty thread not local gaa issues that were being discussed laoislad.

On the two Armagh Threads, both are different topics, one was started after the game and the other is leading the news tonight.  You don't think Joe Kernan resigning should have a thread of it's own?
It's always happened on the board that if a topic is being discussed to death and a major development happens a new topic is usually started.  Also, you're talking about 4 threads - how many Dublin one's have we had on the first two pages?

Gnevin I would say the cheeky dubs shite is more annoying then Tankie's threads but his threads are also ridiculous, if he's going to post up a new topic for every news item that mentions Dublin the board will be swamped. 

All the thread were quite valid. I only put super dubs on them because you's found it ok to go with cheeky dubs.
Grand Slam Saturday!

SuperSub

The thread Dublin Gaa should be in the Local Gaa section..
Typical the Dubs get their own way again  ::)

PadraicHenryPearse

there is now one thread with shite about cheeky dubs which is put on the board by non-dubs to stir shit and legit dublin threads like the bonner and vaughan threads mixed together. the thread makes no sense as it goes from one to the other. there are other counties with two or more similar thread on the board now and previous to this that have not been merged.

i agree pom on the joe kernan one but if all dubs threads are put together it should be the same for armagh.

tanikie had 3 threads on the first page one on vaughan which i think is legit (there is one on marke harte nobody complaining) amd one on bonner which nobdy complained about and was really more about the newspaper and gaa players anyway. the third i don't recall but probably not needed.

the other two were cheeky dub threads and pointless. they should not all have been merged, you should not of complained because non-northern posters have had page 1 and two almost completely full of your thread and we didn't go to admin. in two days the front page will have all new topics and your eyes will be saved from seeing any dublin threads.....

Gnevin

On the two Armagh Threads, both are different topics, one was started after the game and the other is leading the news tonight.  You don't think Joe Kernan resigning should have a thread of it's own?
It's always happened on the board that if a topic is being discussed to death and a major development happens a new topic is usually started.  Also, you're talking about 4 threads - how many Dublin one's have we had on the first two pages?

Gnevin I would say the cheeky dubs shite is more annoying then Tankie's threads but his threads are also ridiculous, if he's going to post up a new topic for every news item that mentions Dublin the board will be swamped. 

I agree they are different but what sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Their where legit Dublin threads mixed with the crap  and most of the crap one's would die off quickly if certain WUM where not looking for every chance to take a swipe at Dublin. Take the Vaughan thread half way threw in LL called him a kn**ker which was clearly uncalled for and was pretty low thing life thing to say. This is happening across the board
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gabriel_Hurl

One thing I've wondered Gnev - why have you got a picture of a Dublin player involved in a fight as your avatar? Something to be proud of?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on July 18, 2007, 11:20:48 PM

I agree they are different but what sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Their where legit Dublin threads mixed with the crap  and most of the crap one's would die off quickly if certain WUM where not looking for every chance to take a swipe at Dublin. Take the Vaughan thread half way threw in LL called him a kn**ker which was clearly uncalled for and was pretty low thing life thing to say. This is happening across the board

FFS it was a tounge in cheek joke that only someone like you with a field of spuds on your shoulder couldn't see that
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 18, 2007, 11:23:37 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 18, 2007, 11:20:48 PM

FFS it was a tounge in cheek joke that only someone like you with a field of spuds on your shoulder couldn't see that
It seems lately your tounge is never out of your cheek LL, their comes a time when you stop being tounge and cheek and become a WUM , you are a WUM 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 18, 2007, 11:22:50 PM
One thing I've wondered Gnev - why have you got a picture of a Dublin player involved in a fight as your avatar? Something to be proud of?
Not really i had a other one but Tayto was using the same image so i put that in as a placeholder and then just sort of got use to it

The Real Laoislad

Your like a feckin woman Gnevin..In the last week i complemented the Dubs on soundly beating Laois and even went to support them tonight against Offaly,But like a woman you focus on all my bad points :'( 
And not a mention about all the good things i say...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

I think the Mod has made a serious error in judgement here. PHP is correct when he says the Dublin thread is not readable, is there even any point in adding anything to the thread as a post will easily get lost with all the other stuff going on.

PHP is also correct when he says all the dublin chat will be cooling off as Dublin are not playing for a few weeks and I expect to see the board packed with qualifier talk.

Disappointing is all I can say, a few WUM's have ruined the craic as they somehow got to the MOD.

Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on July 18, 2007, 11:31:24 PM
Quite ironic.
This thread was posted to put an end to this.

Bit like yer man that turned 98 and won the lottery but died the next day :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 18, 2007, 11:30:41 PM
Your like a feckin woman Gnevin..In the last week i complemented the Dubs on soundly beating Laois and even went to support them tonight against Offaly,But like a woman you focus on all my bad points :'( 
What good stuff you talked about coke for 3 weeks before the Leinster ,then goading for 7 pages after it , and it seems you have some crap to say about dub on every second thread

Tankie

It is true Laois lad, you are boardering on being a WUM, if you have not crossed over already that is!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on July 18, 2007, 11:33:14 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 18, 2007, 11:30:41 PM
What good stuff you talked about coke for 3 weeks before the Leinster ,then goading for 7 pages after it , and it seems you have some crap to say about dub on every second thread

And you rise to every bit of it..How can tayto,His holiness and hound all see it as a joke...You should save your pent up frustration for your boyfriend

Even Tankie can take a bit of a joke
You'll Never Walk Alone.