Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use an umbrella

low profile rangear for me
34 (82.9%)
umbrella f**k everyone else
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

armaghniac

With the weather that's around this year, the dreaded umbrella has made its appearance in crowded county grounds.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Thought you Armagh boys'd be off the computers til February.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Duine Eile

Bit of both, depends on the match really, for a club match the brolly would usually get an outing coz the crowd wouldn't be as big and would be less likely to block anyones view but for county matches usually the rain gear, can't stand big ignorant feckers in a packed terrace putting up big mothers of golf umbrrellas and not giving a shit about who they soak when they shake the rain off or about the short arses (aka me) behind them who have a hard enough job seeing over the big heads in front of them never mind their umbrellas as well! Rant over. :)

armaghniac

QuoteThought you Armagh boys'd be off the computers til February.

Well sure if the Down crowd can stay, although they have no experience of quarter-finals and the like that are being discussed, then so can Armagh people.

QuoteThey are all on-line cancelling their hotel bookings for September

Not in my case, I live in Dublin. Instead I pass my time making up polls about umbrellas.  :(
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Real Laoislad

When the sun shines
We'll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
That I'll always be your friend
Took an oath
I'mma stick it out 'till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other
You can stand under my Umbrella
You can stand under my Umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ourboy

I was at the Fermanagh vs Meath match on Saturday night and made the mistake of just going in a t-shirt (It was sunny before the match started - I swear it!!). But there was this fella with an Ulster Bank umbrella about 4 rows in front of me and he was holding it as far up in the air as he could - I swear I think he was doing it to show off!! haha. There's only 1 thing to say on the subject - "GET THEM DOWN!!!"

David McKeown

My dad made the mistake of bringing one to clones recently.  His only family nearly lynched him when he tried to put it up.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

timmyot501

Ban all brolly's from GAA matches - especially Joe  :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Louth Exile

Quote from: David McKeown on July 17, 2007, 11:18:31 AM
My dad made the mistake of bringing one to clones recently.  His only family nearly lynched him when he tried to put it up.

:D :D

Agree with a lot of what Duine Eile said, fine at the club games when you are one of ten lads standing on a hill. I would always bring one with me to county games, but this only for the walk to and from the pitch at half time. NO UMBRELLAS SHOULD BE UP DURING A GAME WHERE THERE ARE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU!  Any gobshite who blocks someone elses view with their umbrella should be shot!

An Laois lad, its bad enough having to listen to shite without you putting up the lyrics (mind you the video ain't bad  ;) )
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

magpie seanie

QuoteNO UMBRELLAS SHOULD BE UP DURING A GAME WHERE THERE ARE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU!

Yes. Anyone who does should have the umbrella shoved up their hole, opened and then pulled back out.

QuoteAn Laois lad, its bad enough having to listen to shite without you putting up the lyrics (mind you the video ain't bad 

Don't mind the song and the video is quality.

his holiness nb

I hate that sort of music and really shouldnt like the song.
But I find it quite catchy  :-[
Ask me holy bollix

inisceithleann

You always find at GAA matches that people bring massive golf umbrellas and sometimes it's only one person sitting underneath it. Umbrellas are just a nuisance, especially when you bring it somewhere and it doesn't rain it pisses me off the thought of carrying it and if it does lash rain you have to put it up somewhere to dry when you get home. Just not worth the hassle. I'd rather get wet.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

his holiness nb

And I always forget mine and leave them behind.
The local must have about 15 of mine in the store room at this stage!
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Theres only one solution, cowboy hats for everyone!
Ask me holy bollix