Ladies GAA Finals

Started by mrhardyannual, September 23, 2017, 12:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhardyannual

42,000 tickets sold already for these games. I haven't seen much of Dublin this year but Mayo look fitter, faster, more athletic and less dependant on Cora than in recent years.

Syferus

They may be less dependent, but the game will still completely hinge on Cora. The same as it began, as it as it always was and as it will end for her.

Zulu

Quote from: mrhardyannual on September 23, 2017, 12:37:35 PM
42,000 tickets sold already for these games. I haven't seen much of Dublin this year but Mayo look fitter, faster, more athletic and less dependant on Cora than in recent years.

That's brilliant to hear, well done to the LGFA.

Cunny Funt

Captain Scarlet

Football and by that virtue ladies football has an easier in that hurling/ camogie, but at the same time fair play to the LGFA who have really worked well with TG4 and big sponsors to promote the game.
Unlike the men the Dubs are kinda due a win, and they seem to have moved up a level. As I said elsewhere Mick Bohan is a man most men's teams would welcome with open arms.
I think Dublin also are also producing a doc right now too. Once again, fair play to all involved and 42,000 tickets is serious going.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

longballin

Watching Derry - Fermanagh final.  It is what it is, junior football but serious effort and commitement.

longballin

Drama or what! That was some finish though a few dodgy ref decisions. Should have played extra time... replay

Asal Mor

Quote from: longballin on September 24, 2017, 01:13:06 PM
Drama or what! That was some finish though a few dodgy ref decisions. Should have played extra time... replay
Just caught the last few minutes. That penalty looked extremely soft. Brilliantly put away in fairness.

on the sideline

Definite free in for Fermanagh there just after their penalty with about 20 seconds to go! Think it was a case of the ref going I'll take a draw here.

longballin

aye penalty was very soft and then ref didnt give them a clear free imo

BennyCake

Jaysus, there's an awful amount of squealing at these weemin's matches. You may as well be at a One Direction concert.

befair

The Ladies GAA finals are always a great occasion. The junior, intermediate and senior split obviously works very well in ladies' football; the lower divisions are contested just as fiercely, if at a lower standard. The same template works well in club football, so why can't we make it work in senior mens' county?

BennyCake

Quote from: befair on September 24, 2017, 02:16:57 PM
The Ladies GAA finals are always a great occasion. The junior, intermediate and senior split obviously works very well in ladies' football; the lower divisions are contested just as fiercely, if at a lower standard. The same template works well in club football, so why can't we make it work in senior mens' county?

Money.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on September 24, 2017, 02:53:15 PM
Quote from: befair on September 24, 2017, 02:16:57 PM

Money.

*Interest

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8