All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 09, 2017, 01:40:38 PM
Very low key down here in Mayo! Most resigned in Public to another defeat to Dublin on their home turf! God be with the days of the Hype before a final!

Ah weve had too much hype followed by dissapointment, better for lowkey followed by an almighty surprise
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Seen as the thing in cbar mall got cancelled i think they should show the game in mchale park
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 09, 2017, 08:33:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 09, 2017, 01:40:38 PM
Very low key down here in Mayo! Most resigned in Public to another defeat to Dublin on their home turf! God be with the days of the Hype before a final!

Ah weve had too much hype followed by dissapointment, better for lowkey followed by an almighty surprise

Nah. Hype had nothing got to do with losing those AIs in the past. Similarly, no hype this time will have nothing to do with losing this one.
The last hyped final was 2004 afair.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 09, 2017, 08:36:50 PM
Seen as the thing in cbar mall got cancelled i think they should show the game in mchale park
??
What happened?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

larryin89

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 09, 2017, 11:53:28 PM
??
What happened?

Logistics apparently. Its no bloody wonder castlebar is a town in.decline.  its such a homely provincial town , its sad to see it lagging behind .  Even for games now the town is not near as lively as it used to be .

Hopefully yer man Sam Maguire will rejuvenate the whole town.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on September 10, 2017, 12:10:53 AM
??
What happened?

Logistics apparently. Its no bloody wonder castlebar is a town in.decline.  its such a homely provincial town , its sad to see it lagging behind .  Even for games now the town is not near as lively as it used to be .

Don't get it? What in The Mall was cancelled?

MayoBuck

Quote from: moysider on September 10, 2017, 12:33:21 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 10, 2017, 12:10:53 AM
??
What happened?

Don't get it? What in The Mall was cancelled?

They were supposed to be putting up a big screen to show the final but it has now been cancelled for some reason.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on September 10, 2017, 12:40:01 AM
Fear of rowdyism? :)
Insurance I suspect.

Yeah, who the f**k would insure a Mayo team?

T Fearon

Does anyone seriously think Mayo, (who struggled past Derry,Roscommon and a mediocre Kerry team) have a snowball's chance in hell? Dublin -3 at 10/11 looks like a licence to print money, to me

Cunny Funt

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2017, 06:07:41 AM
Does anyone seriously think Mayo, (who struggled past Derry,Roscommon and a mediocre Kerry team) have a snowball's chance in hell? Dublin -3 at 10/11 looks like a licence to print money, to me
Have you already forgotten about last year when Dublin only fell over the line after a replay against a Mayo side that weren't in great form going into that final. Kerry in 2009 struggled past Longford,Sligo,Antrim before winning the AI.

T Fearon

Yes.But I think Dublin are now the equivalent of Guardiola's Barcelona,simply unbeatable,a play station team almost.

galwayman

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2017, 06:07:41 AM
Of course they have a chance.
Dubs are rightly favourites but Mayo have shown before that physically and athletically they are able to match up with them quite well - without actually getting over the line yet obviously.
There won't be much in this game.
Mayo never get a hiding.
I know Dublin beat them by 7 in the end in the 2015 semi final replay but that wasn't your typical 7 point defeat either with Mayo 4 up with 15 to go.
I can't wait for it.
I would be surprised if it wasn't another great game.

T Fearon

Galwayman,they were saying everything you said in that about Dublin V Tyrone.An ageing Mayo team,with huge psychological baggage has no chance,it's just wishful thinking from Mayo fans and all neutrals.I'll stick with the bookmakers assessments.

larryin89

Quote from: T Fearon on September 10, 2017, 09:52:07 AM
Galwayman,they were saying everything you said in that about Dublin V Tyrone.An ageing Mayo team,with huge psychological baggage has no chance,it's just wishful thinking from Mayo fans and all neutrals.I'll stick with the bookmakers assessments.

Psychological baggage is an interesting one, do you think if we had of won one in these last few years we would have a better chance in next sundays showdown?

These bucks are like demons , they have no hang ups , they will literally tear into Dublin and will not let up . Firmly believe we are going to win this one. Dublin have not broke sweat yet and no matter what people say that is not a good thing going into a final.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .