Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

you take er!

McKay did have a hamstring injury picked up v Westmeath, I hear he is ok now though. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at some stage tomorrow. Big and mobile which could be invaluable v Kildare.

LCohen

Quote from: armaghniac on July 28, 2017, 10:33:07 AM
I suppose Campbell is the obvious absence. Ethan Rafferty adds a lot, including a fielding ability for kickouts and so on, I imagine he may roam about a bit.

Rafferty could spend some time at FF. Alternating with Murnin. Murnin can offer plenty in the middle.

We have a bit of depth now and can make changes without weakening the side

Owen Brannigan

It's still the defence that's a worry especially when Kildare run at them.

LCohen

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 28, 2017, 07:30:56 PM
It's still the defence that's a worry especially when Kildare run at them.

We have had long enough to prepare for that and there are better teams than Kildare to test it. I would expect us to have 8 at the back marking a maximum of 5. Even with Donaghy as an out and out sweeper that still leaves 2 men lying deep to pick up runners and to support any of the forwards that track their men back. Its all doable.

Captain Scarlet

Kildare team named:
Donnellan
O'Grady Hyland Lyons
P Kelly J Byrne K Cribbin
K Feely
Moolick
Conway N Kelly Slattery
Brophy D Flynn McNally

I would reckon they might switch a bit at the back but Peter Kelly in for Eoin Doyle is the only change to the Dubs match.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Dinny Breen

I admire the Armagh confidence but you have to believe it's misplaced, this year beaten by Down Laois and Tipperary and drew with Sligo, 3 of those 4 teams have had awful championships and Tipp while on paper looks like a good scalp,  they are not the same side this year. Ulster football is on a downward spiral, 4 of the 6 teams in the league relegated were Ulster, none of the teams promoted were Ulster.

There is no hype around this Kildare team but Flynn, Feeley, N Kelly and Brophy are just damn fine players and I am expecting a big game from Niall Kelly. Kildare are use to playing at a higher pitch, it will be close but Kildare by 4 for me, 2-17 3-10. Ben Mcormack rumoured to be flying in training, if he comes off the bench keep on eye him, our best bit of coding yet...

I always like McGeeney so will firmly be in the Orange corner if we lose tomorrow.

Enjoy the game folks, hopefully football is the winner...
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 29, 2017, 12:16:27 AM
I admire the Armagh confidence but you have to believe it's misplaced, this year beaten by Down Laois and Tipperary and drew with Sligo, 3 of those 4 teams have had awful championships and Tipp while on paper looks like a good scalp,  they are not the same side this year. Ulster football is on a downward spiral, 4 of the 6 teams in the league relegated were Ulster, none of the teams promoted were Ulster.

There is no hype around this Kildare team but Flynn, Feeley, N Kelly and Brophy are just damn fine players and I am expecting a big game from Niall Kelly. Kildare are use to playing at a higher pitch, it will be close but Kildare by 4 for me, 2-17 3-10. Ben Mcormack rumoured to be flying in training, if he comes off the bench keep on eye him, our best bit of coding yet...

I always like McGeeney so will firmly be in the Orange corner if we lose tomorrow.
Enjoy the game folks, hopefully football is the winner...
A stat attack against Ulster  :o      that's the stuff of desperation Dinny.

And of course there's no hype about Kildare, because ..............it's all true ;D

Captain Scarlet

I think Kildare by 4/5. Interesting that P Kelly comes in. He is a man marker at heart so he could sit on Clarke with others shuffling.
Also as Dinny mentioned Ben McCormack is a serious talent pushing for a start. He might not be well known nationally but he coukd be sprung.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

you take er!

Kildare are maybe 6-18 months further on in their development as a team. Definitely the best team we'll have met in the championship to date. Hopeful, but we will see. If not this year then soon, but certainly feel we will be in this come the latter stages of the game. Good luck lads.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 28, 2017, 10:46:09 PM
Kildare team named:
Donnellan
O'Grady Hyland Lyons
P Kelly J Byrne K Cribbin
K Feely
Moolick
Conway N Kelly Slattery
Brophy D Flynn McNally

I would reckon they might switch a bit at the back but Peter Kelly in for Eoin Doyle is the only change to the Dubs match.

Surprised we haven't tried to accommodate Paul Cribbin somewhere. I think he's too good to be left on the bench.

I would have my concerns about the backs without Eoin Doyle but I trust the management's judgement on Peter Kelly. He must be doing the business in training. I suspect Hyland will move to the wing with Byrne holding the centre. Ollie shadowing Clarke and either O'Grady or Kelly trying to break the ball away from Murnin.

I hope you're right re Niall Kelly Dinny. If he fires it will take a good team to stop Kildare.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 29, 2017, 07:06:57 AM

If he fires it will take a good team to stop.......

If I had a pound every time an Armagh supporter said or thought that over the last 15 years.

on the sideline

What TV station is showing the games today lads?

tonto1888

stew

Quote from: you take er! on July 29, 2017, 04:39:37 AM
Kildare are maybe 6-18 months further on in their development as a team. Definitely the best team we'll have met in the championship to date. Hopeful, but we will see. If not this year then soon, but certainly feel we will be in this come the latter stages of the game. Good luck lads.

We are going to get spanked, if ee are beaten by less than ten i will be impressed.

Kildare are one hell of a team, we are improving but we have to be realistic, we are a d3 team playing against a D1 outfit on tge rise.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014