Audiobooks

Started by The Real Laoislad, January 13, 2009, 03:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I'm doing an awful amount of driving lately and will be for the foreseeable future,
Its easy get tired of listening to the radio and ipod music,so I wondered does anyone here listen to audiobooks?
Is there any good ones and can you gets ones say of a sporting nature or even can you get ones that aren't say taken from novels but interviews with people etc?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

Laoislad - I don't know if you're interested in learning a language, but a great way to do it is to listen to language tapes when you're on the road. A great use of time when you're doing nothing else.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hardy on January 13, 2009, 04:07:13 PM
Laoislad - I don't know if you're interested in learning a language, but a great way to do it is to listen to language tapes when you're on the road. A great use of time when you're doing nothing else.

Actually have been doing that for the last few weeks with Spanish lesson's that I put on my ipod..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The squinted eye

I am the same as you Laoislad, spend my life in the car, I have started listening to them now as the Eddie Hobbs and Garmin radio ads were making me suicidal, I do find them good. What I have now found is that I buy one on ebay, keep it perfect and sell it on again for the same price so its not costing me much. I tried a learn French one in the car as well but I just couldnt get into it. However one of the mates swears he is getting the hang of spanish subliminally, he wants to improve his spanish so he can haggle with the whores better when he is on his spanish golf holidays  ;)

So other two I have listened to is Nelson Mandela Autobiography.....goodish!
Phil Mickleson autobiography.....excellent (love my golf though)

Seemingly the Palin audiobooks, Sahara, Himalaya etc are all top notch and are next on my list, I am trying to be good and getting informative books rather than going for the Stephen King audioooks but we will see how long that will last.

The Real Laoislad

Just digging around there on a torrent site and there are loads available for download..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Midman

Theres a BBC radio dram of lord of the rings, its top notch (f you like that sort of thing)  and should be torrentable.Theres a few other gems from BBc as well. What about podcasts? Football weekly on the guardian is generally a good listen

screenexile

I dunno if it's your cup of tea or not because I know people love him or hate him but the Ricky Gervais Podcasts are a great listen in the car. Had me in stitches manys a morning I think they're class.

Tyrones own

Between audio books and podcasts, I listen to little else..all downloaded to my ipod.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 13, 2009, 05:49:08 PM
Between audio books and podcasts, I listen to little else..all downloaded to my ipod.

What have you got in audiobooks?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tyrones own

Tons of different stuff LL.. Biography's, finance, History etc.......but none of that fictional shite,
I have a grand imagination of my own, don't need to read someone Else's ;)
Fantastic use of time IMO.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: screenexile on January 13, 2009, 05:26:48 PM
I dunno if it's your cup of tea or not because I know people love him or hate him but the Ricky Gervais Podcasts are a great listen in the car. Had me in stitches manys a morning I think they're class.

Was going to say this myself, I downloaded the entire Ricky back catalogue off torrents, there are loads available for all tastes... Stephen Fry does some as well..

ONeill

I've one from about '93 of Ian Wright's autobiography, read by Shane Richie.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.