Started by FermPundit, November 21, 2008, 09:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Can I watch the new one (Sky + it last night) without having watched any of the others?

Is it better than Spooks which I love?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

You could probably watch them standalone as although they sometimes use a backstory from a previous "day" it is generally explained in the episodes. I was disappointed in the last series but I can't be sure if it just wasn't as good as the previous 5 or because it is the first one I watched weekly on tv. I watched the first 5 on boxsets and I think it is the only way to go! I might series link this series on sky+ and watch them all when it finishes.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 25, 2008, 02:01:36 PM
You could probably watch them standalone as although they sometimes use a backstory from a previous "day" it is generally explained in the episodes. I was disappointed in the last series but I can't be sure if it just wasn't as good as the previous 5 or because it is the first one I watched weekly on tv. I watched the first 5 on boxsets and I think it is the only way to go! I might series link this series on sky+ and watch them all when it finishes.

Keep us posted either way Tony..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

As Baloney says, not a necessity Norf to watch them from series 1, although it is better to do so.  I watched Series 1, 3, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 in that order.  Got a lend of first 3 series from a Lisnafiner who gave me them in that order on badness!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Anybody been able to watch 24 redemption online?  Alot of sites are resticted to US users.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stephenite

Got into about 2 years ago when I started renting box sets, got to season 4 but I just found each season was the same old stuff rehashed really, haven't bothered with it since, have any of the later seasons been any better, or even a bit different?

Santino

Yeah, i reckon it lost its edge over last couple of seasons because the plots were all so similar. Thats why Redemption was at least a bit more fresh.
They should defo take Jack outta the US for the next season as well hopefully for a change of scenery.

Gabriel_Hurl

Well Day 7 started last night - and it looks a good 'un

Gnevin

Jasus the picture quality on  Sky was shite, HD my arse.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on January 12, 2009, 11:57:15 PM

Does that hurt?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 12, 2009, 11:58:32 PM

Does that hurt?
A other high quality post by LL.  The board would be lost without you. ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on January 13, 2009, 12:00:53 AM

Does that hurt?

Time of the month is it  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 13, 2009, 12:02:52 AM

Does that hurt?

Dont start talking shite in this thread LL as we wanna talk about 24 for the rest of the season!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on January 13, 2009, 12:04:19 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 13, 2009, 12:02:52 AM

Does that hurt?

Dont start talking shite in this thread LL as we wanna talk about 24 for the rest of the season!
Ok bye  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

screenexile

Downloaded the first 4 episodes last night and watched them straight through! Good one again with the plot twisting and turning like an Olympic diver. Pity I have to wait another 20 weeks to get the full story:(