The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 02, 2010, 08:46:24 AM
Another defeat for Villa lasty night.  Things aren't looking good this year, with the way the league table looks at the minute too Villa could be relegation candidates this year.  They have went seriously backwards.
Don't think we will be relegation candidates but things have not went well to date, O'Neill resigning on the eve of the season meant any new manager had to work with what he had which is never good for a new manager who likes to bring in his own style of player.
Centre of midfield has been decimated with injuries too recently, all those Villa fans slagging off Petrov will see how much he has been missed in recent weeks now.
Blues fans are a shower of shit and last night's scenes were no surprise.
Bannan looks the part for Villa and can have a great future if he keeps himself right.

Doogie Browser

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2269623,00.html

Our first prolific striker signs in many a year!  Welcome Darren.  Might be a lot of money but the cost of relegation outweighs any concerns IMO.

Some good news at VP for a change!

lurganblue

Let's just hope he bangs in the goals. Forget about the price and he's a good signing.  I just hope that money has come from the sale of Barry and Milner and not the future sale of Ashley young!

muppet

Googled 'panic buying' and this came up on Wiki:

Panic buying occurred before, during or following the:
1973 oil crisis - panic buying of fuel.
Year 2000 problem - panic buying of food and water.
2000 and 2005 UK fuel protests - panic buying of fuel.
2005 Atlantic hurricane season, especially Hurricane Katrina - panic buying of fuel, food, water, and other supplies.
2005 Jilin chemical plant explosions - panic buying of water.
2005 Hertfordshire Oil Storage Terminal fire - panic buying of fuel.
2008 global rice shortage - panic buying of rice.
2008 Election/firearms buying panic - The 2008 election of Barack Obama triggered a massive panic buying movement that swept the industry over. Rifles that were perceived at risk of being banned were quickly doubled in price due to demand, and many were unobtainable.
2009 Incandescent light bulbs bought ahead of bans imposed by many governments (Phase-out of incandescent light bulbs)
2011 Aston Villa purchases striker Darren Bent from Sunderland A.F.C.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Didn't realise how good Bent's record was. Only Drogba and Rooney have scored more since Bent returned to the top league 4-5 years ago, and only one goal at that. The downside is that he has had 1 assist in 2 years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doogie Browser

As Houllier said his record is second to none! Well almost Gerard!! He is selfish but that is what we needed, a goal hanger who will guarantee 20 a season. Inflated price for sure but if his goals keep us up he will be worth every penny. Great bit of business so far this windiow by Houllier - and I was one of his biggest critics.

Big Puff

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 18, 2011, 10:55:31 PM
As Houllier said his record is second to none! Well almost Gerard!! He is selfish but that is what we needed, a goal hanger who will guarantee 20 a season. Inflated price for sure but if his goals keep us up he will be worth every penny. Great bit of business so far this windiow by Houllier - and I was one of his biggest critics.

this signing will make or break Geds career at VP.

brokencrossbar1

Garry Glitter to take over from Ged at Aston Villa.

He's been told that the strikers are Young, Bent and probably Keane.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 20, 2011, 12:46:21 PM
Garry Glitter to take over from Ged at Aston Villa.

He's been told that the strikers are Young, Bent and probably Keane.
Houllier is the leader of our gang  ;D

Archie Mitchell

Anyone else getting fed up listening to Bruce and Holloway moan about Houllier and Villa going for their players and about showing some respect? Where was the respect from these 2 when they handed in the resignation to go to manage bigger clubs at the time?

DuffleKing

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 21, 2011, 12:30:54 PM
Anyone else getting fed up listening to Bruce and Holloway moan about Houllier and Villa going for their players and about showing some respect?

No

lurganblue

Dunno what Bruce is complaining about cos 24 million is more than bent was worth. He should now have money to spend. Stop moaning.

God forbid a club enquire as to the availability of a player or even worse put a bid in for a player ffs.

Boycey

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 21, 2011, 12:30:54 PM
Anyone else getting fed up listening to Bruce and Holloway moan about Houllier and Villa going for their players and about showing some respect? Where was the respect from these 2 when they handed in the resignation to go to manage bigger clubs at the time?

The guy in your avatar would know a lot about respect too..

Up The Middle

Steve Bruce is some boy to talk about either respect or loyalty, he didnt show too much to Crystal Palace, Birmingham or Wigan when he jumped shipped for a bigger club.

There is zero loyalty in football from either managers or players, they all follow the ££££££££
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Doogie Browser

Bruce is an ex-blue nose and a bitter one at that, he famously dumped on more than one club in his time.