The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

AZOffaly

You can walk from Dalymount to Croker. You turn at the Big Tree and you're on Dorset Street. Dalymount is only about a mile from the Big Tree I'd say.

Norf Tyrone

Park in the Brian Bru pub car park which is a couple of 100 yards from Dallymount, and you can see Croke Park from where you park. Very handy. The pub is on the right as you come in from Glasnevin.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Denn Forever

Down Whitworth Road into the heaving metropolis of  Drumcondra.  Straight run down to Croke Park from the Brian Boru. Enjoy.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Doogie Browser

Ashley Young scored a cracker against Posh last night and also indicated he was happy to extend his stay at the only stately home in Soccer.

ludermor

bigfrank

cheers for all the help folks...but where did all the tickets go so quick??? could buy 4 at a time yesterday and now not available on ticketmaster....thought initally they may have changed game as dublin play louth at 5pm on croke park...place will be buzzing!

bigfrank

Made it to Bohs game on sat..was great days fun minus the result...villa were very strong...had great seats...fotos with players etc Forgot how bad reo coker was too lol

lurganblue

How do you guys think we are shaping up this year. Looks like Milner will leave in the next few days which will obviously leave a gap. Who will fill it? I expect MON will grasp a few very late transfers as usual.

Rapid Vienna was a terrible draw for us too. Here's hoping a bit of revenge can be handed out.

Rossie11

Martin O Neill has resigned according to few media sources..
Jaysus...

shark

Quote from: Rossie11 on August 09, 2010, 04:23:29 PM
Martin O Neill has resigned according to few media sources..
Jaysus...

Aston Villa can confirm that Martin O'Neill has resigned as manager of the football club with immediate effect.

Kevin MacDonald, reserve team manager, has assumed the role of caretaker manager and will prepare the team for the opening Barclays Premier League game of the season against West Ham on Saturday at Villa Park.

Paul Faulkner, chief executive of Aston Villa, said: "The club would like to thank Martin for the great work he has done at Aston Villa over the past four years. He has helped to establish the club in the upper echelons of the Premier League, has taken us to Wembley and we have also qualified for European competition for the past three seasons under his management. We wish him the best in the future."

Martin O'Neill said: "I have enjoyed my time at Aston Villa immensely. It's obviously a wrench to be leaving such a magnificent club. I would like to pay tribute to the Villa players, my coaching staff and the Villa supporters for all the support and encouragement they have given both the club and me personally during my time as manager. I wish them all the best for the future. I will obviously be assisting the club in the immediate short-term with regard to the handover of my duties."

No further comment will be made by either Aston Villa or Martin O'Neill until further notice

AZOffaly

Jaysus, what happened there? Another job lined up, or is he going because of the Milner thing?

Doogie Browser

More than likely they were trying to shift players behind his back, this is bad bad news.  Our best manager in over 25 years IMO.
In fairness I was thinking to myself at the weekend that he has been here 4 years and that is prob his lifespan with most clubs to date.
He is his own man and I wish him well. 
Doogie is a sick man now  :'(

shark

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 09, 2010, 04:28:02 PM
Jaysus, what happened there? Another job lined up, or is he going because of the Milner thing?

Rumours circulating that it is more to do with a possible sale of Ashley Young.  Don't know how true that is though.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

It has to be something like that, hopefully it's nothing personal behind the scenes.

I'd imagine he wouldn't take well to the club trying to sell players he wants to keep, or not buy players he wanted to. Very odd time for it to happen though, 5 days away from the start of the League.