The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Denn Forever

Thread has been very quiet even though they have a League Cup final coming up and they are through to the next round of the FA cup.

Which do you choose?  Silverware or Champions league?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 24, 2010, 10:58:51 PM
Thread has been very quiet even though they have a League Cup final coming up and they are through to the next round of the FA cup.

Which do you choose?  Silverware or Champions league?
Be greedy and go for both but we need a trophy first and foremost to placate the fans.  Good draw in FA CUP QF now also away to Reading with the winner guaranteed a trip to Wembley.

Doogie Browser

Anyone going over to the mainland for the game then?  I am over tomorrow morning until Monday so will find a boozer around Covent Garden to watch the Rugby, should be good atmosphere in London this weekend.
Any good pubs in Central London for a bit of craic tomorrow?

EC Unique

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 26, 2010, 12:31:08 PM
Anyone going over to the mainland for the game then?  I am over tomorrow morning until Monday so will find a boozer around Covent Garden to watch the Rugby, should be good atmosphere in London this weekend.

A Joke I hope :o

Doogie Browser

Quote from: EC Unique on February 26, 2010, 12:43:10 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 26, 2010, 12:31:08 PM

A Joke I hope :o
No I am going over.

Doogie Browser

Norf Tyrone

There was a good pub between Picadilly and Leicster square where I watched the Rugby two years ago Doogie. F**k if I can remember the name of it, but it was one of them Irish franchaises. Scruffy Murphys I think. Good atmos in it though, and loads of Kiwis, Aussies etc going loco.

Enjoy your weekend.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 26, 2010, 05:43:23 PM
There was a good pub between Picadilly and Leicster square where I watched the Rugby two years ago Doogie. F**k if I can remember the name of it, but it was one of them Irish franchaises. Scruffy Murphys I think. Good atmos in it though, and loads of Kiwis, Aussies etc going loco.

Enjoy your weekend.
Watched the Rugger in the Walkabout Westminster, fcking massive boozer great atmosphere.

Gutted about the result on Sunday, Vidic had to walk for the foul, can't believe he didn't even get a yeller!!  Villa were poor after that though, is there such a thing as scoring too early against a good side like Utd?? Saying that 1-0 up against ten men would have been a different game, not saying we would have won but would have been different obviously.  Ref bottled it big time.

Doogie Browser

Just got a text saying MON has quit after a disagreement with Randy Lerner about funds for next year, nothing on the BBC as yet though.

Bensars

Aston Villa have denied rumours that Martin O'Neill has quit the club.

Unconfirmed claims are circulating in the Midlands that the Villa Park chief has resigned following a disagreement with chairman Randy Lerner.

It is understood that the club's American owner wanted to trim the playing squad and cut the wage bill this summer, while O'Neill wanted money to spend to bolster his squad to continue their challenge to break into the top four.

When told that money would not be forthcoming, the Ulsterman is believed to have decided to consider his future, but the club insists he has not resigned.

Villa have an FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea on April 10. And Chelsea beat Villa 7-1 in the Premier League at the weekend.

O'Neill joined the club in August 2006.

AFS

The only ones reporting it are the Mirror. Sounds like bullshit.

Family guy

Well boys new season around the corner,who should mon go for to strenghten the squad,which is obvious they need to do,think 2 strikers needed,wud take robbie keane all day,even a cheeky wee move for berbatov,see wud united take a loss on him,said before wud love to see scotty parker come,stephen ireland hardly come as he would wana stay at city for the big wages

bigfrank

bohemians v aston villa

quick question..game in daly mount sat 3pm...where is dalymount..is it the ground beside fagans bar,not far from croke park??? was gona go and now see that the dubs play at 5pm croke park...dublin be buzzing that day!!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bigfrank on July 19, 2010, 10:11:05 PM
bohemians v aston villa

quick question..game in daly mount sat 3pm...where is dalymount..is it the ground beside fagans bar,not far from croke park??? was gona go and now see that the dubs play at 5pm croke park...dublin be buzzing that day!!!

No thats Tolka Park.
Dalymount Park not that far from Croke Park though,its in Phibsboro.
Not to far from Mountjoy or the Mater Hospital if you know where they are?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bigfrank

F*&K was hopin that ground was dalymount..would have been very handy as know where it is etc....dublin will be nuts with dubs playin at 5pm...be nice to go to busy bar after villa game thou and have the craic....still tempted!! see young and carew both scored 2nite for villa in a friendly..be nice 2 see both of them on sat