The Official Aston Villa supporters thread

Started by Doogie Browser, October 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

bigfrank

Tell them im in mexico or something lol:)

bigfrank

Aston Villa's Ashley Young has become the first player to win three Premier League Player of the Month awards in one year after winning December's gong.The winger, 23, takes the award after a month in which he scored twice at Everton and created the winner at Hull.

"It's a massive achievement for me, it's the third time I've won it in the calendar year," said Young.

"If I don't have the other boys out there with me I wouldn't be able to win this award."

Doogie Browser

'The boy is world class, a genius'.  To quote a famous Derryman.

bigfrank

Forgot to mention that derry man also got manager of the month!! Sunderland 2moro,potential banana skin!! :P :P

Doogie Browser

I agree Frank will be tight match but hoping we do the business tomorrow, 11/10 lump on Frank  ;)

bigfrank

Just seen mellberg scored at weekend,a loyal servant he was!!!He bound to be kickin himself a bit now tho!!:) weekends results made me sick,all those late goals,took away from our own late show!

Doogie Browser

Lampards goal particularly was a blow as we would have moved into third on saturday.  But we can only win our own games and that is ten unbeaten now in the league, a great run but we def need a few more players in this month, three points off the top and all everyone keeps saying is we may make the top four  ::)   
Mellberg is a Villa legend and glad to see him doing well.

youbetterbelieveit

Well Lads, possibly the badly needed recruitment is beginning to move, Emile Heskey for about £3million, O'Neill should know enough about him from their Leceister days. Will be a good replacement for Carew and a striker was needed, because Harewood is not good enough and delfounoso is too young and inexperiences.

What is the wish list for the remaining part of January?

another winger/midfielder?
A full back? to replace Shorey (who O'Neill seems to have decided is not for him.)

Doogie Browser

Think Heskey will be a good addition (never thought I would be saying that!) but he has def improved as a player in past few seasons, very industrious type of player who will work well with Young and Gabby.
As for Shorey, O'Neill has no confidence in him at all as he constantly plays Luke Young left back and he is right footed.  

Would like to see addition of another snappy midfielder someone who can get stuck in but play a bit as well, Fellaini at Everton type player.

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 23, 2009, 10:14:20 AM
Think Heskey will be a good addition (never thought I would be saying that!) but he has def improved as a player in past few seasons, very industrious type of player who will work well with Young and Gabby.As for Shorey, O'Neill has no confidence in him at all as he constantly plays Luke Young left back and he is right footed.  

Would like to see addition of another snappy midfielder someone who can get stuck in but play a bit as well, Fellaini at Everton type player.

He has still not improved the goalscoring side of his game, Villa could do with someone more prolific.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 23, 2009, 10:50:21 AM
How much do you want for Torres then?

We will swap you Robbie Keane for four corner flags.

youbetterbelieveit

I think Keane could proper at villa park, O'Neill could do wonders with him, hav a chat and sort his head out because since he went to Liverpool benitez has fucked with his head by subtituting him constantly and no allowing him to settle. Getting him back to the form shown at spurs and he would be a 20+ striker a season, something Villa dont really have.

Minder

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on January 23, 2009, 11:27:24 AM
I think Keane could proper at villa park, O'Neill could do wonders with him, hav a chat and sort his head out because since he went to Liverpool benitez has fucked with his head by subtituting him constantly and no allowing him to settle. Getting him back to the form shown at spurs and he would be a 20+ striker a season, something Villa dont really have.

In fairness if you are not playing well there is a chance you will be substituted, unless you have blonde hair and are Dutch

Doogie Browser

Not to go off topic here bit I do rate Keane very highly also, Benitez def does not seem to be able to handle him properly and is not sure of his best role in the team.