TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on April 06, 2024, 10:59:52 PMFinished 3 Body Problem the other night. Completely daft, dreadfully written, and with a whole lot of really hammy ITV drama level acting.

But I'm quite interested in seeing what happens next. A TV show equivalent of a Dan Brown book.

Ah sir, don't lower yourself!  ;D

Rewatched Love/Hate, super, again! Surprised how little I remembered, so it's spurred me to revisit a few other classics

Milltown Row2

Finished 'the ones who live'

Enjoyed it.

Stuck for some night viewing now!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Halo, considering the gaming origins, is pretty good Sci Fi. Well above average offering imo.

Taylor

Finished The Gentlemen over the weekend.

Good solid show - I assume there is a second series in the pipeline already

DownFanatic

Thought The Gentlemen was excellent. Funny and entertaining with some great acting thrown in for good measure. The ending would suggest that a second series is potentially in the pipeline.

trueblue1234

Finished it last week too. Good show. Looks to have plenty there to run for few more series as seems to have been well received.

Just started love/hate. Didn't watch it at the time and been meaning to get to it. Two episodes in and it's grand. But I'm assuming it will take off shortly given the reviews it had.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 09, 2024, 11:04:26 AMFinished it last week too. Good show. Looks to have plenty there to run for few more series as seems to have been well received.

Just started love/hate. Didn't watch it at the time and been meaning to get to it. Two episodes in and it's grand. But I'm assuming it will take off shortly given the reviews it had.

Get past the first two or three and then the 'attachment' starts. Each actor comes into their own, my problem is she won't watch something unless it get her right away!! The hook has to be early for her. This is a grower, a bit like Queen of the South
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Finsihed the Regime and found it shite enough. It was a parody without being particularly funny and it just never really clicked.

Winslet was very good as she always is but not much more to like about it after that. It seemed like an intellectual exercise rather than anything worth watching.

The last season of Curb was brilliant I really enjoyed the last series and the finale. It will be missed.

Shogun is my only show at the minute with an episode per week which is helping me get to bed earlier. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet but it's class!!!

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on April 09, 2024, 12:57:31 PMFinsihed the Regime and found it shite enough. It was a parody without being particularly funny and it just never really clicked.

Winslet was very good as she always is but not much more to like about it after that. It seemed like an intellectual exercise rather than anything worth watching.

The last season of Curb was brilliant I really enjoyed the last series and the finale. It will be missed.

Shogun is my only show at the minute with an episode per week which is helping me get to bed earlier. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet but it's class!!!

Started reading the book last week so i'm going to leave the show for a wee while. It looks great. so far the book is ticking along nicely.

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on April 09, 2024, 12:57:31 PMFinsihed the Regime and found it shite enough. It was a parody without being particularly funny and it just never really clicked.

Is it a remake of the Richard Chamberlain Saturday evening classic.

quit yo jibbajabba

End of and era with Curb going, great show and great ending. I texted the wee bro after it, jees he was some c*nt when ye relived all that 🤣🤣🤣

Prob a good time time to go with Funkhouser and lewis no longer here rather than trying to go again. Plenty of rewatches on the cards 🤓

tbrick18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2024, 10:49:22 PMFinished 'the ones who live'

Enjoyed it.

Stuck for some night viewing now!

Yeah I liked it too.
Started watching Shogun....not sure about it yet.

Lubo Moravcik

Watched Polish show 'The Mire' on Netflix - pretty decent.

Now on '1983' but struggling to get into it.

J70

Curb finished very strongly all right. Absolute genius of a show, and yeah, it will be rewatchable for years. Same as Seinfeld I guess.

Bruce Springsteen's cameos were hilarious. Tracy Ullman too for the past two seasons. But what an addition DJ Smoove was when he joined in season 6 or 7 and never moved out of Larry's house!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: J70 on April 10, 2024, 12:24:58 PMCurb finished very strongly all right. Absolute genius of a show, and yeah, it will be rewatchable for years. Same as Seinfeld I guess.

Bruce Springsteen's cameos were hilarious. Tracy Ullman too for the past two seasons. But what an addition DJ Smoove was when he joined in season 6 or 7 and never moved out of Larry's house!

Tracy was great, Vince Vaughan too, someone I could never warm to before

Leon gave the show new direction, read an article where it said this and the splitting up of Larry and Cheryl helped move it in a new direction. All good 🤓